Question about NJA Airline Tkts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

msr

Lets say your home base is PBI. Net Jets buys you an airline tkt from PBI to XYZ to p/u trip then a few days later airline you back home. What if you call the airline directly and try to change the tkt to be out of where you really live and pay the differance. Is this possible. Whats the big deal??? Thanks!!!!

You're going to get in a lot of trouble in a bunch of ways.

1. When you check in via pager you are acknowledging where you are. When you click on PBI Terminal you've just signed your death sentence if you are somewhere else.

2. Changing a NJA ticket without the company knowso is pretty much fraud. The company has fired pilots for doing the same thing on the return flight. Selling the ticket, getting the cash, and jumpseating home.

3. The company would know pretty much right away. I've checked in and NJA knew I checked in via computer and not at the terminal. No big deal but they needed to change my airline and I had allready gotten my ticket. No big deal just had to uncheck it.

Basically don't think about doing it. Pilots have been fired for not showing up at their gateway before.

You always have to airline out of your gateway. But, you may fly to any airport when your tour is finished. If the ticket is less than to your gateway they will pay for it. If more, you cover the difference.

cush said:
You always have to airline out of your gateway. But, you may fly to any airport when your tour is finished. If the ticket is less than to your gateway they will pay for it. If more, you cover the difference.

The company is good about doing that. One of our female pilots based in IAD had a boyfriend in IND, she got the company to send her to IND at the end of tours then she made her own way home later. Once she finished a tour in CMH and got the company to delay her airline to IAD 24 hours so she could rent a car and drive to IND.

AirBear

cush said:

You need to re-read section 13.6 or something like that in the contract. You are now responable for arranging your ticket if you want to go somewhere other then your HBA. Then you put in an expense report to NJA and they will reimburse you later. They no longer just will do it. I got caught on this at the end of last tour. I know of what I speak.

so RNO based does Wade then compare the price of a ticket of what might have been to your gateway and deduct it from the cost of the ticket that you paid on your expense report?

i did it this tour. went to phx instead of sea.
they sent me a dummy reservation (it even says dummy on the brief) with a $367 price. i bought a HP ticket for $303. just sent in the copy of both and expensed it. seems stupid until somebody reminded me that now i can control the costs.

Diesel said:
so RNO based does Wade then compare the price of a ticket of what might have been to your gateway and deduct it from the cost of the ticket that you paid on your expense report?

Honestly I don't know. The ACP stepped in and told them that this is a "transition period" and to send me to RNO.

The part I loved in this whole thing was when the FM said, "Scheduling says it is against the contract to send you there" I about chocked laughing. I said is this the same scheduling that has spent the last 5 years violating the previous contract and now they are quoting the new contract to me????

Latest resources

Back