Question about misdemeanors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suswims

I ve heard you if you work for skywest you must somehow clear any misdemeanors on your record. For this reason does skywest frown upon hiring anyone with a misdemeanor. 10 years ago I was convicted of a misdemeanor, after the fact I disputed it and it was expunged. I am curious how much this will weigh on getting hired somewhere.

Bring documentation with you if you have it. If you don't have it, get it. If it was 10 years ago, it shouldn't be a big deal. Anything more than 5 years old CAN be waived. If you google "Canadian Application for Criminal Rehabilitation" there should be a document that you can download to answer more questions. Search this forum as well.

If there is any question about whether you can be admitted into Canada, SkyWest will send you home from the group interview and tell you to come back when you straighten it out. So in short - bring documentation that it was expunged.

(gee, I wonder how I know all this... ;) )

After all the good boys without misdomeaners, traffic violations and felonies are considered, them the bad boyz can have a shot...

Nope, had nothing to do with drinking. Specifically, i was with someone who tried shoplifting, I thought it was a dumb idea and wouldnt leave the store with him. He got caught, they saw on video I was in the store with him, and therefore I was charged as well. Long story short, I was very legally ignorant at the time, and wasnt aware of what I had to do to protect myself. Soon after the incident I wrote a letter to the courts and it was expunged, but as we all know, FBI background checks find everything, even expungments.

Don't sweat it too much. I have a driving misdemeanor from 8 years ago and was still offered a job at Skywest. I did have to do a little explaining but it wasn't a super big deal. Come to think about it every interview I've ever been to it was no factor. Good luck.

Don't sweat it too much. I have a driving misdemeanor from 8 years ago and was still offered a job at Skywest. I did have to do a little explaining but it wasn't a super big deal. Come to think about it every interview I've ever been to it was no factor. Good luck.

what kind of explaining...just that you were stupid and you learned your lesson (not getting caught :) just playin)

what kind of explaining...just that you were stupid and you learned your lesson (not getting caught :) just playin)
Well, in your case you shouldn't mention that it was public intox with a group of Girl Scouts at the Sand Dunes. Don't mention the plastic sheets, the tub of Crisco and the jar of sprinkles you don't have to.

Latest resources

Back