Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Princedietrich

Retired Starchecker
Are there any good 135 operators in the LUK or CMH areas that would be worth looking into?

I'm from the CMH area. There is one based at TZR (Bolton) called "CMH Aviation" that used to operate 3 B100's. They are in a bad way and only one B100 is flying due to what I am told are maintenance issues (engine TBO) and one was lost when an owner died of natural causes. They've also got a Citation II that's a leaseback but it doesn't fly much if at all on any given week. A very liberal estimate of 2 trips a month would be pretty close.

Million Air has a few airplanes (or at least had) at CMH. Netjets is at CMH. Airnet/Jetride is at Rickenbacker. I saw a job posting for a lear 60 operator called "Star Jets" but had no idea who/what/where/when/why they were. I sent an email and had no reply just to learn who they are, where they're based and the like. One theory could be it's a play on Airnet's "star check" but I'm skeptical of that.

Not real up to snuff at OSU...I never really need to go there.

LHQ (Lancaster, OH...SE of CMH) has a Cheyenne on a 135 ticket.

Princedietrich said:
Are there any good 135 operators in the LUK or CMH areas that would be worth looking into?

Thinking of bailing from the sinking ship that is your current employer?

Why not try Medflight at OSU. With your time, I am sure they would be glad to have you. When I interviewed, CP was Steve Evans and DO was Frank Brisker. I am sure you know their fleet.

Also, Abe Amira has (had) a Sabreliner on a 135 based at Millionaire at CMH. If you've ever been to Columbus Gold or Pure Platinum (bethel and sawmill) then you should know who he is.

At LUK, all I can think of is Jet Resource. However, they are staffed by Delta (Comair) Air Elite pilots. Their website is: http://www.jetresource.com/

ASAP Aviation used to operate out of the MJC at LUK, but shut their doors in March.

Why not try CHQ? Don't they have a base in CMH? HAHA;)

Well I still am, but the latex industry has been taken over by PFT, union garbage, and bankruptcy. I figured Aviation to be a safer undertaking.;)

Latest resources

Back