question about go arounds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
garf12 said:
are go arounds very common on commericial flights? On the probably 300 flights I have been on I have never had a go around.
Not terribly common, but they do happen.

I saw two in twenty minutes one Sunday night recently when down at PHL waiting to pick up my mother-in-law. First one was a 737 on 27R who was ordered to go around when the aircraft ahead of him missed his turnoff, the second was pilot initiated when he lacked faith in the controllers judgement about spacing for near simultaneous arrivals on the intersecting runways 27R & 35.

Hello,

Go-Arounds and missed approaches are quite common at BLF and ROA!

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

A couple of years ago at College Station, a cessna pulled out on the runway and his engine quit. The tower told us to go around and put us in a tight down wind and cleared us to land rather quickly because the guy got his engine going. We did not have time to explain until we were at the gate. So I politely explained what happened and apoligized for any inconvenience. While the passengers were deplaneing this guy stuck his head in the cockpit and said real sarcasticly "That was a good excuse captain".
Just another reason that I am glad I fly boxes now.

SF3CA

SF3CA said:
While the passengers were deplaneing this guy stuck his head in the cockpit and said real sarcasticly "That was a good excuse captain".
Just another reason that I am glad I fly boxes now.
You got that right! Spend a few minutes reading any frequent flyer web site and you'll immediately remember why it's better to fly boxes!

RE: your passenger... What an idiot!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back