Question about CRAF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Thedude

I have a question concerning the Civil Reserve Air Fleet. I work for a carrier that is part of this DoD subservice known as CRAF and I was recently informed by rumor (you know how those go) that there is a minimum pay rate per seat for the flight crew, as assigned by the govm't. Is this true or false and if it is true what is the rate and where would I look for more info. I have done several searches but I am bogged down in my search. Thanks for any help.

I don't think there is a minimum pay rate required in the contract. The confusion is caused by the required Geneva Convention Card issued by the USAF. Crewmembers are considered Category III, as officer pay-grade, if captured by the enemy (as if they would actually go by the Geneva Convention).

What I forgot to mention, is that Category III officer paygrade personnel are not to be used for manual labor. However, wearing of military insignia is not authorized.

You are REQUIRED to give the enemy your correct name, grade (captain, first officer, or flight engineer), date of birth, and SSN. You are required to present the ID card upon request, and it may not be taken away from you.

Also, not only are you required to be treated as an officer, but you must be treated in a manner in relation to your age (for old farts).

Nope..that is not the info that I am looking for and I still hear that there is a min pay per seat. We are not issued Geneva Convention cards since all we do for the DoD is domestic and Gitmo. But if you know where to look for the contract specs, it would be greatly appreciated.

I fly for CRAF and have the card. What you are looking for are the CRAF minimum pay rates. For the type of flying you are doing they do not exist. Each "contract" is given on a piece meal basis and bid accordingly. Since you seem to be starving you must work for Lynx.

Latest resources

Back