Question about ALL ATP's instruction...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MJCEK

Not trying to start any fights here about flight schools, but I was just wondering if anyone has gone through, or know someone who has gone through the Private Pilot, Airline Career Pilot and Direct Track program at ATP and what they thought about the experience/quality of instruction, etc...

Thanks a lot...

MJCEK said:
Not trying to start any fights here about flight schools, but I was just wondering if anyone has gone through, or know someone who has gone through the Private Pilot, Airline Career Pilot and Direct Track program at ATP and what they thought about the experience/quality of instruction, etc...

Thanks a lot...

I did my commercial add-on, MEI and ATP with ATP Inc. The instruction is very standardised and therefore, as far as it goes, very good. It's a checkride mill, so don't have any illusions. They are motiviated to get you through your checkride and they are vey good at doing that.

The instructors I ran into didn't have a lot of real world experience, so if you're looking for that kind of instruction I don't think you'll get it at ATP - but you will get your certificates and ratings.

Hope that helps.

I did the ACCP and am very happy! Although the program was rough. I believe that the private pilot program is over priced.

Im sure that u are not the first person to ask this question on this forum so do a search

Also go to jetcareers.com (another forim site) cuz I know there are a few HUNDRED threads about ATP.

Goodluck you can P.m me if you have any questions about atp.

I did my MEI there a few years back. All they teach you is what is needed to pass a checkride; a good example is that they don't know how to use NDBs. The flight school where i worked did use NDBs, and when I asked the instructor why they didn't have them the reply was "airlines don't use them." Well if you fly beech 1900s in new england you sure as hell do, as well as erjs in mexico, on many airline interview sim rides, or if youv'e ever flown in the bahamas sans gps..... You will get your ratings from ATP but a well rounded education no. If you go through there be ready to go the extra mile to learn what they don't teach you. The airplanes were very well maintained, and the study material provided very professional. I think its a great place to get your twin rating, or an ATP but if you want to go zero to hero you might have better luck the old fashioned way.

If you don't know how to fly with an NDB you won't know how to fly with an RMI either. The airlines DO have those.

Latest resources

Back