Quest Diagnostics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cfrey79

Has anyone reading this flown for Quest Diagnostics? I did a search but couldn't find any solid information. Any help would be appreciated. Hiring? Pay? Schedules? Bases? etc.......

Thanks

They recently hired a few airnet guys into A36's outside Tampa. They like previous freight time in smaller aircraft. If you're hired as captain they start around $60k or so plus bonuses (I think 10% of yearly salary) and that raises to around $100k or so in 10 years plus bonuses - this is all second hand knowledge from a QD pilot that I rode with. Equipment doesn't made the pay, so the A36 guys were making $60k off the bat. They were required to have their ATP.

You'll fly out of LZU (outside Atlanta) or Reading, PA where their main flight department is. I've been out of the loop for over a year but heard they might be expanding westward. Not sure if it has/will happen though. They did open a small base in Tampa but I'm not sure if there are any more.

They mainly fly in the afternoon to late night, maybe 10pm-2am somewhere around there.

As far as Quest goes, their stock has doubled, then split, then doubled again. They are now buying another company (name slips my mind) for almost $1 billion. Good job stability.

I hopped on a few TBM 700 flights and one PC-12 flight and those guys have some fun. The first guy I flew with had the dang PT-6 cranking over as he was locking the door...and was calling ground at the same time :).

~wheelsup

EDIT: Forgot to mention, pretty much the only way in there is to know someone.

wheelsup said:
EDIT: Forgot to mention, pretty much the only way in there is to know someone.

This is very true from what I've heard. I've sent many resumes with nary a word back.

wheelsup said:
The first guy I flew with had the dang PT-6 cranking over as he was locking the door...and was calling ground at the same time :).

~wheelsup.
That could be thread all on it's own...

"What do you do to kill time during NG spool up?" :eek:

Latest resources

Back