Qualifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pappy

Need a little help. This is for the experts out there. What are the FAA minimum qualifications for Chief pilots? Are there any for Asst. Chief Pilots? I know each company may differ but there is a minimum required by the FAA. Thanks for the replies.

Pappy

After 2and1/2 years of flying a 737 for 2-3 legs a day, I just finished flying 8 legs in a Dash-8 without a working auto-pilot. Gotta love this business.:cool:

Wheter its a 135 or 121 operation here is basically how it reads

121 - The qualifications are listed under 119.67

135 - The qualifications are listed under 119.71

Must have an ATP

First time, must have 3 years experience in the past 6 as PIC under 135 or 121 ops. In large aircraft for large aircraft or small aircraft for small aircraft.

If you have already been a chief then you can throw out the six years part.

KSU-

Thanks for the info. I don't have the regs in front of me but from what you posted, is that for both chief and asst. or only asst.?

pappy

The regs don't say anything specifically about Assistant Chiefs, only that "the Administrator may approve positions or numbers of positions other than [those required]"

I also didn't read completely, if the operations conducted 135 only require a commercial certificate, the Chief Pilot is only required to have a commercial certificate.

Also bookmark this page...

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfrhtml_00/Title_14/14cfrv2_00.html

Its a complete listing of the regulations. Should help you since I'm too lazy to type the whole thing out, or even copy and past it :D

Latest resources

Back