• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wembadios

Papa Wemba
So first year is USD8100
Does it go up on the second year, third year....?
Or does it stay at 8100 for the rest of a pilot career?

Wemba.

Forget it. For 18 months, they will withold your training bond. It's around $1200 a month witheld from your salary. Once 18 months are up, it is paid out to you. No interest, nothing. This is their bandaid fix to stop people from leaving in less than the bond time. Ask yourself, why make it a contributory $ training bond? Most airlines, you don't contribute, unless you leave and that's when you pay the remainder of the bond. But at QR, their fix to get people to stop bailing out is to forcefully withold salary, $1200 USD per month, until 18 months. It's garbage, IMO. They should instead spend time trying to improve their QOL package.

Also, I would like to know let's say after 5 years if the salary would still be 8100 USD / Month or more for a First Officer?
does the salary goes up yearly like most US Carrier?

787 slots for newhires - will it happen?

Just curious (no SJS in this case), but what is the liklihood that QR will hire onto the 787 when it starts to arrive in 2012? I won't be applying but I have read that people with Boeing experience have gone to the 777 fleet and I wonder if open 787 FO slots will be used to attract more qualified pilots.

Too bad I only have Jungle Jet experience........................

Flamer. Who cares what airplane. Only question is the money you can put away and it isn't enough

John...They hire into whatever aircraft they feel there is a need. They do try to put pilots with Boeing experience into Boeing aircraft (same goes with Airbus). As for Jungle Jet experience, if you have an ATP and you meet the flight time requirements, they will consider you for employment. I work at CHQ and had my interview with them and now just waiting for the results.

Just curious (no SJS in this case), but what is the liklihood that QR will hire onto the 787 when it starts to arrive in 2012? I won't be applying but I have read that people with Boeing experience have gone to the 777 fleet and I wonder if open 787 FO slots will be used to attract more qualified pilots.

Too bad I only have Jungle Jet experience........................

Out of curiosity, if $100K is not enough for you, what amount you feel is satisfactory? In case you want hard numbers (all numbers Riyals(USD))...

Position: FO
Yrs of Svc: 1
Conversion: 3.64

FO Salary: 21500 ($5906/Mo)($70,897/Yr)
Flt Hrs/Mo: 70hrs/Mo = ($1730/Mo)($20,768/Yr)
Utilities: 300 ($82.42/Mo)($989.01/Yr)
Transport: 1500 (412.09/Mo)($4945.05/Yr)
PerDiem: 1200 ($329.67/Mo)(3956.04/Yr) - This varies base on layovers.

Total: $8461.54/Mo or $101,538.46/yr

Flamer. Who cares what airplane. Only question is the money you can put away and it isn't enough

Also, I would like to know let's say after 5 years if the salary would still be 8100 USD / Month or more for a First Officer?
does the salary goes up yearly like most US Carrier?

Your salary is increased approx. 3%/yr. Your flight pay and other soft money stays the same.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back