Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tordude23

Qatar/Emirates Salary Calculator

To those who are considering a career move to QR or EK...

I've created and compensation calculator in Excel, which will allow you to calculate you monthly/yearly salary for Qatar Airways and Emirates Airlines. You can also calculate EOSG for both airlines. Emirates Airlines also has a Provident Fund Scheme, which is also included. The worksheet is free of charge. Enjoy!

You can find the link here....

http://www.2shared.com/document/bPc3oEEJ/Salary-Pension_Calculator.html

There are 2 "Download" buttons displayed. Click the smaller "Download" button. DO NOT CLICK THE LARGER "DOWNLOAD" BUTTON

Last edited:
av8tor.....very nice work. Have you considered including an Etihad tab as well. Interesting comparison for those still in the process of choosing one of these companies. Thanks.

I can, I just need accurate info about them (i.e. salary, hourly pay, EOSG comp, etc.). If you or anyone else has this info, I will include it. It would be helpful if it is an up to date document or from someone who works there.

Last edited:
did you include the housing allowance? Lots of people omit that one. It's about 44,000USD per year. If you opt out of company housing and find your own place you can put another 15-20kUSD in your pocket. But prices are already going up and we are far from a full economic recovery. So if things ever get better rents might go through the roof.

Just remember to pay the tax on that housing allowance if you are a U.S. citizen. Reduces the net gain by over $1000/month. Basically making rent+utilities of 110,000/year the break even point for the decision.

Now mortgages are a totally different calculation and really the only way an American would benefit financially from taking the allowance.

TP

Latest resources

Back