• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar Airways Pilot Recruitment Nework!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all of the good information. I am sure a bunch of USAirways, Spirit, UAL and Frontier Airbus pilots are looking at Qatar.

Just curious - what would enable someone to qualify for A330 vs. A320/21 at Qatar? Do the FO positions pay the same? Is it need on that fleet at the time or is there some additional experience required for A330?

I have been to Doha several times - nice town. It is definitely quieter than Dubai and it is starting to grow faster as the money pours in.

I think that depends fleet demand at the time but I am not sure most US guys last year were recruited in to 330. Pay is the same for all the fleet. One might make just a little bit more on meal allowences due to destination served by each fleet. There is no additional expirence required if you have the 320 type then you are pretty much set for 330 but if you are non type rated then it depends on fleet demand I can tell you for now they are taking guys in 330 since few are leaving to upgrade to 320 and some F/Os going to 777.

Bull, thanks for the info. I looked at their website and it says that for non-type rated applicants, at least 500 hours on MEDIUM to HEAVY jet is required. Is a CRJ 2/7/9 considered a medium jet?

Commute?

Can you commute at Qatar? What would the commute be like from the US, how about from somewhere in Europe?

Guys i have posted the mins in the add thats what applies. YES crj/erj time is considered medium jet. You can do all your search on living, I have already mentioned in my prvious threads that RENT is sky high if you chose to live on your own. Which means you take the 3000 USD the company is giving you and you find your own Vila or Apartment. Al most all pilots I know live on company housing which is far better then spending your RENT allowence plus salary to live on your own. I have given the figures for F/O salary in my previous threads. Basic F/O training pay is 5000 USD and when you fly the line you make abaout 7K to 8K or some months 9K depending on your Block hours and destinations. THATS TAKE HOME after all expenses!

What is a full ATPL? The regular 1500 hour ATP won't apply? Also do you have to obtain their version of an ATP or will your FAA ATP be fine. I'm just wondering if we need to convert our ATP.

Bull, if you don't get hired as a direct entry captain, how long could one expect before shifting over to the left seat?

Those of you flying for part 121 with only ATP written is called frozen ATPL, Full ATPL is when you either go through your upgrade on the type and get your ATP or go out rent a small twin and finish your check ride. (THATS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY FULL ATPL) YOu guys reading too much between the lines, NO YOU DON'T need to convert anything. Once hired they Airline will do all that for you. UPgrade now is about 4 years but they will tell you 3 years. This year they have'nt taken any non type rated direct captains so few in house F/Os got a chance to upgrade with this slow speed and new jets coming its likely to go down.

Qatar are you crazy! The US airline industry is a dream. Endless opportunities and zero risk of furlough.

I heard from a buddy of mine that the majors will hire next year... and those guys make $400,000 a year. Also heard that the pensions are coming back do to the huge pilot shortage.

Kit Darby is this you?!?!?!

Bull, thanks for the info. I looked at their website and it says that for non-type rated applicants, at least 500 hours on MEDIUM to HEAVY jet is required. Is a CRJ 2/7/9 considered a medium jet?

Heavy: MTOW >255,000lbs.

Large: MTOW of more than 41,000lbs, up to 255,000lbs.

Small: MTOW < 41,000lbs

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back