Q? for DL Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyComAirJets said:
OK, so we are really tring to understand all this. I've got all the ands, fors, and permitteds down. What the question being asked is, is Skyway able to operate the Dojets under Delta code?

Does Skyway fly jet powered aircraft configured with more than 70 seats? How will the Skyway code share be stuctured, like AE, or like ACA?

Last edited:
A question answered by two questions, great, I think I see your point though.

Skyway does not operate an aircraft configured with more than 70 seats, but then neither does ACA (yet). However, Skyway's parent company, Midwest Holdings, does currently operate jets well in excess of 70 seats.

It's anyone's guess what kind of code share arrangement there would be. ACA was what we could call a DCI-type code share. American Eagle, as I understand it, is more of a block seat purchase on certain LAX flights. That seems closer to the "reverse code share" that a judge just levied a substantial fine against AMR in favor of APA.

Is that how Delta could circumnavigate your PWA? Just buy some/all the seats on flights that coincidently fly in and out of DAL hubs.

Last edited:
The important question is, will we get to non-rev on Midwest and get some of those cookies?

FlyComAirJets said:
A question answered by two questions, great, I think I see your point though.

Well that's good, because we really don't have all the info yet and that's one of the points I was trying to make.. As far as DAL circumventing our PWA is concerned, if they could do it they would, I guess that's why my copy of the DAL PWA is 382 pages long, because management is always trying to find wiggle room and we're always trying to pin them down. As you pointed out, AMR management just got burned for trying to wiggle too much, I'm sure that's a cautionary tale for DAL mangement, but I doubt they were paying attention.

michael707767 said:
Surplus1, just got off the phone with the MEC. They said CHQ will not be treated any different and they are already talking to the company about this situation.

Thanks michael707767, for your effort to provide a legitimate response.

Perhaps the "final answer" may not be one that I personally would like to hear, but if the "policy" (right or wrong) is applied consistently I can then form a consistent opinion one way or the other.

What bothers me is the "game" of placing the pea under the walnut shell, moving the shells around, and guessing which shell is hiding which pea. As I see it now that's what ALPA is trying to do, obfuscate. In other words, and exercise in deliberate confusion.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back