• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Put this in the WTF file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never seen so many wrong bulls**ted statements in one post. First of all XJT and CAL's CASS system has been down for the last month and a half so no other airlines at this time are allowed in the actual JS. Our union is pestering the company is fast as possible to update in the system. With your attitude, I hope you got a mistrip.

Yes, our contract is much better and more inline with a mainline carriers then any other "regional". I feel fortunate to have the contract we have and it was due to a good management team, a better MEC, and an outstanding pilot group with the resolve to aquire a contract that recognized the major airline flying we conduct. It's quite ironic and somewhat sad that because of our threat to strike, the moronic decision by CAL was made to seek out a lower bidder. When I got hired, I was hired by Continental Express, a subsidery of Continental so yes, that was my flying.

I personally don't wish to take anyone elses flying, but you seem so proud to do so. You guys already are having many mickey mouse issues starting up the CRJ program. No, that's not really your fault. But don't pretend like Chataqua is a quality operation and try to convince people to come over there. Suck up your ego and perhaps the lack of candidates will help your chance of achieving a quality contract that your type of flying deserves as sure isn't "regional" flying. Chaulk it up in the greatest blunders in aviation history: Continental awards Chachuckles airlines flying.

Really...CAL's system is down?? How come I commuted in through CASS that night to IAH on CAL? You guys have a waiver that allows CASS carriers upfront...right The CRJ program is right on schedule please tell me how you know so much about our program. Who's running the program? Who wrote the SOP? Didn't think so, check your facts first before you spout off again.

You put is correctly, you work as a subsidery of CAL...not CAL itself so the flying is theirs not YOURS. Get that through your thick head. Your contract is inline with the Majors? Thats laughable also. You personally don't want to take anyone elses flying but you have to put those planes somewhere. I don't have an ego, sounds like you do though, cant wait to see you in the J/S.

Last edited:
Your contract is inline with the Majors? Thats laughable also.

Yeah, have you seen the contracts at the majors lately? 10 days off, only 1/2 deadhead pay, no cancellation pay, no rigs. Can't speak for ExpressJet as I don't know their contract, but there are regionals out there where the work rules and benefits are better than at the majors these days. And in some cases the pay isn't that far off either.

Really...CAL's system is down?? How come I commuted in through CASS that night to IAH on CAL? You guys have a waiver that allows CASS carriers upfront...right The CRJ program is right on schedule please tell me how you know so much about our program. Who's running the program? Who wrote the SOP? Didn't think so, check your facts first before you spout off again.

You put is correctly, you work as a subsidery of CAL...not CAL itself so the flying is theirs not YOURS. Get that through your thick head. Your contract is inline with the Majors? Thats laughable also. You personally don't want to take anyone elses flying but you have to put those planes somewhere. I don't have an ego, sounds like you do though, cant wait to see you in the J/S.

I'll check into the waiver issue; my understanding though is we can't allow any other airlines in the actual jumpseat at the moment. I could be wrong, but you are out of line for assuming you were denied because the CA didn't want a Chataqua pilot onboard and not because of concern for fines from the FAA/TSA. Nobody within any logical reason wants to start a jumpseat war.

Yea, about that CRJ program, I've heard from more then a few pilots that know pilots in the know at Chataqua that there all kinds of issues with the desert CRJs. One's been down for mx in IAH for a few days with tire, strut, etc. issues. Some of your coworkers have questioned the integrity of the operations through statements to my coworkers I've flown with. But you seem to be some lame I assume male HS cheerleader type convinced everything is just fine rah, rah, republic, yea.

Again you seem so content about flying routes that were previously flown by XJT because we were just a subsiderary. I can understand the guys that come on here and say, hey, we're not excited to take your flying. But the start of this thread is complaining about the fact that it's a CRP base and trying to gain sympathy because it's a tougher commute then IAH. Thanks for your concern about our airplanes, your a$$nine CEO showed plenty of that when XJT dropped the ball and said we were keeping them. What it all comes down to is I really dislike your management team that's second inline as the plague of the industry next to Ornstein, and also those pilots like yourself that follow the race to the bottom mentality.

your a$$nine CEO showed plenty of that when XJT dropped the ball and said we were keeping them. What it all comes down to is I really dislike your management team that's second inline as the plague of the industry next to Ornstein, and also those pilots like yourself that follow the race to the bottom mentality.

Geez, anyone who posts on this board sober needs to push back from the keyboard like they need to push off the dinner table.

I've been lurking here 3 years and have yet to see anything productive come from this toilet of a site.

Oh gee whiz you really dislike the management team?! Golly gee WHIZ! Do you think the CEO of RAH cares what you think? No, he could wipe his butt with $20 bills, and he doesn't even care what his own employees think! Get over yourself, your opinion is a mosquito fart in a tornado! Go out and talk to some girls already!!

And if you're married, well then bitch to your wife and save us the hassle.

Geez, anyone who posts on this board sober needs to push back from the keyboard like they need to push off the dinner table.

I've been lurking here 3 years and have yet to see anything productive come from this toilet of a site.

Oh gee whiz you really dislike the management team?! Golly gee WHIZ! Do you think the CEO of RAH cares what you think? No, he could wipe his butt with $20 bills, and he doesn't even care what his own employees think! Get over yourself, your opinion is a mosquito fart in a tornado! Go out and talk to some girls already!!

And if you're married, well then bitch to your wife and save us the hassle.

Well, I agree that not much productive comes from this site, but you never know. Your comeback though doesn't have anything of substance, just a bunch a fluff about how I shouldn't be pissed off. Thanks Dr. Phil. In the meantime, I'll remember pilots like spinach-like industry poisoning pricks like Popeye. Someone who can't contemplate why XJT pilots are mad that

a) We were more intwined with Continental then any other "regional" besides Eagle being so with their perspective major. Especially considering that after 9/11 we had 400 Continental pilots flow back to XJT for a couple years
b) Chataqua is in fact taking over many of our routes
c) in the process, they almost took 69 of our aircraft to do the flying
d) the Continental product is about the suffer
e) most, vastly important though is the fact that some people like Popeye have no sympathy over the deal or our humbled to their fortunes
f) this is a continuation of the race to the bottom

Personally, on the occasion I've ran into a CAL pilot who didn't like Express, I've told them that I'd much rather have them do the flying, that I'm proud we've achieved a contract that's not in the nature of sacraficing pay and benefits for growth, and that we had 400 of their pilots back on our property for a couple years as evidence of our solidarity.

Again you seem so content about flying routes that were previously flown by XJT because we were just a subsiderary. I can understand the guys that come on here and say, hey, we're not excited to take your flying. But the start of this thread is complaining about the fact that it's a CRP base and trying to gain sympathy because it's a tougher commute then IAH. Thanks for your concern about our airplanes, your a$$nine CEO showed plenty of that when XJT dropped the ball and said we were keeping them. What it all comes down to is I really dislike your management team that's second inline as the plague of the industry next to Ornstein, and also those pilots like yourself that follow the race to the bottom mentality.

You should start by disliking "YOUR" management team. Flying was lost in this deal and it does suck. Welcome to world for re-bid's. If XJT is (was) to win the Midwest Airlines flying, would that be ok? Would you tell your Management; " Hey, we screwed the Skyway boys". Hell no! You would shut your mouth and fly those airplanes. You may not have a good feeling about doing such a thing, but you would.

Personally, I stay out of this re-bid stuff. Because someone is going to loose out. It may be a good company or it may be a sh1t company. We have had 2 base closers and have lost some flying to Freedumb (Mesa) and our pilot group was pissed; But we got over it and continued doing what we do best and that is fly airplanes. We didn't start denying Jumpseats.

Only thing I can say is that XJT has a good group of people for the most part. I know a ton of guys that left Corpex to go work for XJT. But you guys need to stop drinking that Koolade.Management will sale you up the river. CHQ's will, AWI's will, and most of the major's CEO's already have.
No ego here. Reality!

You should start by disliking "YOUR" management team. Flying was lost in this deal and it does suck. Welcome to world for re-bid's. If XJT is (was) to win the Midwest Airlines flying, would that be ok? Would you tell your Management; " Hey, we screwed the Skyway boys". Hell no! You would shut your mouth and fly those airplanes. You may not have a good feeling about doing such a thing, but you would.
!

Okay, but some people like Popeye seem to be quite content so that is where I'm directing my disgust with. And no, I'd rather not taking anyone elses flying. But there is a greater solace that if we do it's not because we've continued the race to the bottom by underbidding another carrier for that flying because of the pilot contract in place. I certainly would be humbled, again not complaining about CRP as a base or spouting off about jumpseat complaints without solid information as to the status or in-the-know of the CA of that flight in regards to our CASS system waiver.

Yea, about that CRJ program, I've heard from more then a few pilots that know pilots in the know at Chataqua that there all kinds of issues with the desert CRJs. One's been down for mx in IAH for a few days with tire, strut, etc. issues. Some of your coworkers have questioned the integrity of the operations through statements to my coworkers I've flown with. But you seem to be some lame I assume male HS cheerleader type convinced everything is just fine rah, rah, republic, yea.

Time to interject a bit of truth to this one here. While one of the current CRJs has had some problems coming out of the frosty north(not the desert), the one down in IAH for MX is actually a MX simulation to get our MX peeps up to speed. While I understand how you guys want us to fail so terribly, what you are seeing is the successful implementation of a new aircraft program. Proving runs, MX simulations. Not just for pilots, but dispatchers, MX control and our wrench turners. Sorry to burst your bubble, things are moving forward and as of the middle of this last week, EVERYTHING about the CRJ program is on track. Look to see them doign a few USX flights in the coming week or two, no rush.

also, you made the point that i posted this thread to garner sympathy. not really, i wanted to show this company's idiocy. as a real malcontent in my company, you will get no cheerleading from me. what i won't do is stand to the side as you bash us for things that really are beyond our control. they won't be under our control until it comes time this year for our contract to go up. as for what will come from that, i have mixed expectations.

c) in the process, they almost took 69 of our aircraft to do the flying

almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear war

d) the Continental product is about the suffer
that is a pretty big assumption. i'm not going to tell you that we are golden children, but you should stow your hubris

e) most, vastly important though is the fact that some people like Popeye have no sympathy over the deal or our humbled to their fortunes

yeah, we have a lot of that here

f) this is a continuation of the race to the bottom

congrats, you have now won catch phrase battle 2006

Personally, on the occasion I've ran into a CAL pilot who didn't like Express, I've told them that I'd much rather have them do the flying, that I'm proud we've achieved a contract that's not in the nature of sacraficing pay and benefits for growth, and that we had 400 of their pilots back on our property for a couple years as evidence of our solidarity.

who's the cheerleader now? RAH RAH RAH XJET!!!!

almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear war

that is a pretty big assumption. i'm not going to tell you that we are golden children, but you should stow your hubris

yeah, we have a lot of that here

congrats, you have now won catch phrase battle 2006

who's the cheerleader now? RAH RAH RAH XJET!!!!

I give you credit for being far more diplomatic and understanding then Popeye. Time for myself to be far more productive so I'm done with this thread. We'll have to probably just agree to disagree on the status of your test flights because just this week one of your pilots flying the test flight out of IAH was complaining about the many problems including blown out tires the CRJ was having. Other sources have also suggested completion factor threatening issues let alone the W&B load limiting issues. Race to the bottom isn't just a catch phrase, there are some real consequences behind it for the entire profession.

Latest resources

Back