Purdy Neat Stuff Bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

I'm looking at getting a Purdy Neat Stuff bag after the holidays (Stop-Over-Store Stealth 22") and was curious if anyone also has the computer case. Right now lugging my computer around is really a pain in the rear, and I'm looking to find a case that will make it a bit easier.

Right now I have a TravelPro FlightPro. From what I have seen and heard, the PNS bag will really hold a lot more stuff. Which would be outstanding for me commuting on reserve...

You can't go wrong with PNS. I have the 26", and it's just great. I have my own custom padded laptop case, and I just hook it on the PNS bag. I'm getting the duffel for my running stuff, and it just clips on.

You'll be fine.

for a touch more space, get the 26" high unit. I'll give you a bit more room. Heck you have gate check it anyway when you're commuting on the RJ's. I've never had a problem with the 26" getting in an overhead on any of the mainlines....maybe an old DC-9, but most have gone to the deeper overheads.

It's a tank, and will last a LONG time, even in airline use.

I'm a big proponent of PNT stuff, but the computer bag is not worth the money. The new ones offer a lot more padding and protection than the old ones, but $130 is a lot more than the bag clips are worth.

I love the Kensington Simply Portable Three computer bag. It holds a ton of stuff - cables, bricks, iPod, sunglasses, cords, my digital camera, as well as my iBook. I manage to pack all my flight bag stuff in there, too. I don't have to carry Jepps, and all my manuals are on the iBook, but all my forms, headset, and a week's worth of Maxims and FHM's fit in there as well. The first one I had lasted through three years of hard airline use, and I found the second one I'm using now on eBay for $30. I ought to buy another one for when this one wears out.

Linky

I have a PNS and yeah, it's bulletproof. However, when the day comes to replace it, it's going to be with a bag that weighs a third as much, costs a third as much and I don't care if that means it will last a third as long. The thing is ridiculously heavy.

I like the PNS computer bag. It hooks to the main bag to ride above the flight bag, and stays nice and balanced. I carry the brick, several DVD's, tons of cables, and several magazines in it. It is fairly heavy loaded down, but when the stack is put together it balances nicely. I don't know that it's worth what I paid for it, there may very well be better bags out there, but I'm pretty happy with it. Next time I would like to see id I could get someone to put the clips on a different type of bag, maybe the Kensington one, but that will probably be a while down the road, as this one will probably last a while. It's 1.5 years old and shows no signs of wear at all.

FlyChicaga said:
I'm looking at getting a Purdy Neat Stuff bag after the holidays ...
I've had three PNS bags...three because the first two fell apart. After my current bag gives up, it's on to something else that's a bit cheaper. They generally last around 18-24 months each, and the warranty doesn't cover real world use. Oh yeah, they weigh too much.

I put my laptop in my PNT bag, between layers of clothes and use the locking zippers. Would be thieves don't know I have a laptop and I don't have to buy an extra bag to carry. However, space might be an issue for some...

I've had my PNT since 1998. I've sent it in three times for wear and tear mx. (Just stick a waybill on it, [why put a container in a box], and FedEx it, using my employee discount). When I get the bag back it looks brand new. Even outside of the three year warranty, the repair charges are cost effective....

I don't let the rampers throw it around..Good customer service, good product.

TravelPro is for business travelers and FAs!

Last edited:
I have the computer bag and bought it because it is solid and hooks directly onto the roller bag. It is a bit pricey, but it is an investment when you are trying to protect an lap top.

In reference to the Kensington Simply Portable Three computer bag that njcapt recommended, they can be found on ebay right now for $17.99 link

the pns stealth fits in the overhead on the 135 and 145. Just flip it over and stuff, tight fit but it is in the overhead. I do this all the time on the last row of the 135s.

Latest resources

Back