Purdy Neat Bags & Laptops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

imr125

How do you guys with PNT bags carry your laptops around?
I just got a MacBook (I love it!) and my PNT bag has an outside laptop case.
Even with the incase neoprene sleeve, I'm a little reluctant to put the laptop there.....
Although it would be easier to take in/out for security.

Opinions/experience?

Thanks!

How do you guys with PNT bags carry your laptops around?
I just got a MacBook (I love it!) and my PNT bag has an outside laptop case.
Even with the incase neoprene sleeve, I'm a little reluctant to put the laptop there.....
Although it would be easier to take in/out for security.

Opinions/experience?

Thanks!

I put mine just inside the bag, so you can unzip just the top and pull it out for security.

I've got a MacBook and a Luggage Works Rollerboard with a lap top sleeve on the outside. I was skeptical at first about whether it would be protected but there isn't so much as a scratch anywhere on the computer.

It makes the security process very easy.

I used to keep my laptop in the back without a sleeve. Made it through security well and traveled well.. Unfortunately, I forgot it ONCE while deadheading and of course the rampers busted up the screen.... FYI

I have the PNT with the inside computer case it has worked great for me getting through security. I was going up the escolater in the Westin in ATL and my flight case was not on a step and I took my hand off my roll aboard and it flipped end over end down the stairs and the laptop was fine.

I don't have a PNT bag but do have a Wingman and I use a laptop sleeve made by Booq. The sleeve is the most protective I could find that was slim enough for me to put my laptop in my roll aboard.

They're not cheap laptop sleeves but extremely well made. I always take it out if I'm riding on something where I have to gate check my bag. It works well for me and a lot of guys ask where I got it when they see the sleeve.

I'll second the suggestion to put it in the main compartment with a couple of shirts or a pair of pants over it. At security you can unzip the main compartment, slide it out, and it slides back in on the other side. Pretty secure and no extra 'laptop sleeve' to tote around or take up space.

I put my laptop at the top of my rollaboard, and in the compartment inside the opening flap I put my workout clothes to cushion it. Never had a problem.

I used to keep the laptop inside the rollaboard until a regional decided to gate check it and the screen was cracked. Now I go through the pain of a little Targus case ($29) that straps onto the handle. Cables and other computer stuff is still in the rollaboard.

I use the computer compartment for going through security only. I have a padded targus sleeve with handles. After going through security, I slip the notebook out of the compartment and back into the sleeve case which goes back inside the bag. I use the sleeve case if I have to gate check the back and carry the computer with me. If the ramp is going to destroy any of my stuff, let it be my flight bag with manuals and charts. That way if the company destroys my stuff, they get to cancel a flight.

Latest resources

Back