Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buy a job?

You got money?

Buy a suit, nice resume paper, a rental car, make over and hit the road bro.

Go to the RAA website and print a list of all the companies out there and show up.

Put a 110% more effort than the next guy and you will be flying and have the self respect of a job well done. It works.

Last edited:
Multi time building dilemmas

RedheadCFI said:
I have 120 hours of multi right now and I'm looking to get a little bit more. My school provides a "charter operation" in which students pay to fly right seat or in my case, left seat on dead legs and vfr days.
If I am reading this correctly it sounds like your school is running a P-F-T program for the right seat and/or a questionable 135 operation. As noted above, you need to have a 135 letter to legitimitize the time.

I realize it is tough. Maybe if you hang in long enough you can be hired as a "real" 135 pilot at your work. You'll be far better off in the long run building your multi time through traditional means.

I also hear Windsock. However, in his/her situation there are regionals for whom he/she meets quals, e.g. Mesa and SkyWest. I also like his/her ATP. Therefore, in my $0.02 opinion, Windsock should keep firing off resumes and applications.

Last edited:
Alright, I am not completely sure about the paperwork for the 135 operation, however, we are a large university program and they have been running that system for almost 20 years. Yes, it would be great to get hired on as a charter pilot for our operation, unfortunately that job is one of the highly pursued ones here and there are about 30 pilots in front of me, half with tenures that will be there long before I will. The reason I want to "purchase" the multi time is because when it comes time for the internship I am going to need at least 175 or so to get considered for hiring. And no, its not Ameriflight, see my 2nd post. Another option I found is the Ari-Ben Aviator program that is 100hrs for $5,500. I have the money to spend I am just looking for advice for the best way to spend it. I was hoping you guys would have some positive insight. I know I'm going to get burned on and what not for "buying a seat" or "paying to fly an airplane" but I still consider this part of my initial training since I am not hireable until I get this time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back