Purchase Of 135 Cet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet.85mmo

Can you buy a 135 or Fractional Cert to speed up the process. We are/been working on our 135 and its taking forever. Customers are ready and we need paperwork and pilots soon. Any help..........

Yes you can buy a 135 cert., but there's is still alot of hoop jumping if you want to add or fly different aircraft that is already on the certificate. The 135 I used to work for built their certificate and it took 2 years of constant hounding the Feds.

Certificates are useless unless the current management listed in the Manuals/Ops Specs are included in the purchase.

You cannot buy a dormant certificate and white-out all the management names and replace them with your own. Only the managing members responsible for the certificate (who are authorized by the CHDO) may submit revisions of Management Personnel to the CHDO who will process the submissions and verify qualifications, experience and violation, revokation histories and make applicable changes to EXISTING Ops Specs.

LOOK OUT!!! "NO PERSON MAY...."

Just because you hold a piece of paper finely framed and displayed on a wall DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CERTIFICATED OPERATOR!!! Go back to the kiddie pool until you learn how to swim like the rest of the snakes.

GLN produced manuals and services are too, uselss, if you are clueless as to the contents of the submissions and you are still the lowest of priorities at the FSDO. New Certifications take a back seat to EVERYTHING ELSE a FSDO does. GLN does have a program available where they supply manpower to do all the footwork for the certification, however, it is solely at the workload permitting basis at the FSDO and significantly MORE expensive than $10k.
You will still need to be present at all meetings as YOU wil be managing the operation NOT GLN. THUS, YOU will again be responsible for and should be intimately aware of EVERYTHING GLN submits for you or it will be an INSTANT "go to the back of the line and come back when you are serious....GLN will cash your checks and you will STILL not have a certificate.

100-1/2

Last edited:
My info on GLN was merely advisory. I was trying to point someone in the right direction. As far as their operation and management goes, I have no idea nor do I care. I was only providing them with help. Help I have used to start 2 certs and yes the cost was under $10,000. I figured since they had already started the process they had the money secured for proving runs so that wasn't an issue. If they don't know what they're doing then the FSDO will fix that.

Latest resources

Back