Punta Cana, Dominian Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello

Well I am from there, I can advise you on some website that you can go to to see the hotels. I recommended all the Barcelo chain of resort; there website is http://www.barcelo.com/Barcelo/en/default just click on Dominican Rep and Punta Cana. This is a preview of the hotels. I have gotten rates of $50 a night per person all enclusive. I took a bunch of interns there in the summer of 2001 when I did a TWA intership. If you are an airline employees check out www.perx.com for employee prices. I am not an airline employee (yet) but my brother is and that's where we get the nice hook up. I suggest avoiding travel agents because they like to over price things. I like to do things on my own and I think it's cheaper (cut out the middle man).

There is another hotel in the area called Mela Tropical (I thinks that's the name) witch is the top on in the area but I'll find out more info on that for you later. PM if you have any question.

Mosquito

Flying Fever said:
Have a trip here first of Oct. Our first time. Looking for handler info, place to stay couple of nights, etc.

Been to all-inclusives in both Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. Some great beaches and resorts down there. As far as handler info I can help ya...but Ill try to find the names of the places we stayed at...they were incredible.

I flew in there a while ago... really cool FBO for that type of area. We didnt use a handler which cost us a little time but the service from the FBO was great. I think the total parking/service fees were 300-400 for a 4 day stay. (light jet) Be careful if you leave the resort. Enjoy!

The only think I don't like is they charge you $55.00 departure tax. So make sure you have cash on the way out.

Mosquito said:
There is another hotel in the area called Mela Tropical (I thinks that's the name) witch is the top on in the area

Melia Tropical and Melia Caribe (they're the same thing), I stayed there during our honeymoon this summer, it was paradise! I'm a little biased since I'm from the Dominican Republic, but it's hard to beat the all-inclusive price.

Latest resources

Back