Public's Response to Alert?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FNG_that's me

Has anyone noted a drop in load factor over the next week or so? Is the public showing signs of being afraid to fly again, like after 9/11? I certainly hope not. Even if it does happen, I think it will be back to normal pretty quickly.

Considering most of America has the attention/memmory span of a 3 year old A.D.H.D. kid on speed, probably won't do much mid or long term.

Despite the press' insistance that flying is one of the most dangerous of human endeavors, I think the new TSA hassles -- not the fear of an attack -- will be a painful blow to an airline industry that was barely recovering.

I agree that the memories are short, so I don't think it will be a long term problem. My real question is have we seen any changes/cancellations for the next week to ten days.

Well - we just went up to code RED. Double screening and probably no carry on bags. Looking at the numbers, it appears my airline's schedule was wrecked today with about a zillion mis connected passengers. Even at outstations it was taking as long as a couple of hours to get to the gate this morning.

Makes me glad I have my own airplane - wish I could afford something that could do trans cons. I'm sure many premium passengers will reconsider fractionals and private ownership.

Like Ferris Bueller said, "If you have the means, I highly recommend it."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back