• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pt91 bidness

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of our guys have a Class 1, no older than six months and we have well defined crew rest and crew duty day limitations, with a three man crew and two man. They can be waived by the PIC, but must be logged as a FOM/SOP deviation. All courtesy of ISBAO certification because more rules and paperwork will make us better pilots...

Unless you under age 40. A FAA first class is valid for 12 months for those under age 40 (which is consistent with ICAO medical standards).

You're right. My Bad, I didn't realize that they let kids take the jet out of the country:D JK

......we have well defined crew rest and crew duty day limitations, with a three man crew and two man. They can be waived by the PIC, but must be logged as a FOM/SOP deviation. All courtesy of ISBAO certification because more rules and paperwork will make us better pilots...

We worded our ISBAO manual to require that the ADM had to approve the duty day extension with crew concurrance (both pilots). The one great thing about this is that it takes some pressure off of the crew to stretch the duty day intentionally (ie they schedule an 18 hour trip). My manager (strong) has told many a passenger that we will have to airline a crew and do a crew swap, then he explains the cost involved. Usually the pax find a way to make the trip more workable or else we crew swap.

At first, I was hesitant to self impose an SMS like ISBAO (after years of Pt135 flying), but now I have seen the light. Besides, it will soon be required to fly into the EU. The paperwork, can be a drag, but our burden didn't increase that much and is still a fraction of what a 135 operator does. Alot of what we do, actually does make us a safer operation. I just took the attitude that we need to make ISBAO work for us, and I am happy to say that I think it does. Of course our Safety Officer spent a huge amount of time massaging our manual. If we had gone with IBAC's template we might as well have just gotten our own 135 certificate.

Latest resources

Back