• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GravityHater

You are flying for a company, with pax, getting paid:
a) Medical = Class II, correct?
b) Duty limits = none, correct?

Depends on that company. Some corporate operators operating under 91 have operations manuals that are significantly more strict than 121.

You are flying for a company, with pax, getting paid:
a) Medical = Class II, correct?
b) Duty limits = none, correct?

Medical = Class II, correct...... unless you are flying internationally then you will in most cases need a class I. Even though an FAA Class II is comparable to an ICAO Class I, the two authorities have not hammered out an agreement on this issue. Not only must you have a Class I, but you have to have it within the last 6 months. It's kind of ridiculous, and probably the only place you would have an issue with it is in the EU.

Duty Limits = None, correct. By regulation, that is correct. Many flight departments implement an SMS and limit themselves. They usually follow along with FAR 135 guidlines, but can be modified to allow for the flexibility needed for typical corporate ops (e.g. longer duty day if you get a "day room")

Not only must you have a Class I, but you have to have it within the last 6 months.

Unless you under age 40. A FAA first class is valid for 12 months for those under age 40 (which is consistent with ICAO medical standards).

Ah. right. Glad you checked on. Your post didn't help me much as I'm over 40, but I'm not dead yet....enjoyed your avatar.

The part 91 duty day isn't defined, however if you have an incident after a 20 hour duty day, you'll likely be in hot water for acting recklessly.

The part 91 duty day isn't defined, however if you have an incident after a 20 hour duty day, you'll likely be in hot water for acting recklessly.

In our department, pt 91..class I for international and duty/flight limits as recommended by the Flight Safety Foundation.

Latest resources

Back