PT6 question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

noserider

What is the general opinion of the MORE PT6 program? Can you realistically run a PT6-34 to 8000 hours? I would appreciate any info on the program.
We would be flying around 400-500 hours a year.
Thanks

We are runing the -25's in the T-34C to 5000, with hots at 2500, and they are pretty well run out at that point in time. Same story with the -34's in the T-44A/C's. I would be a false economy to run much past that due to having to replace some of the items that would be re-usable at 5000.

Of course we were public service and not subject to FAA restrictions. Although the Government would not exceed the OEM suggestions.

I've looked at putting engines on the MORE program in the past, and after evaluating the costs, came to the conclusion that it wasn't economically favorable. With the repeatative inspections and work to put it on and keep it on, it just wasn't worth the effort and cost.

I worked for an employer that had 3 king airs on the MORE program seems like it was more of a hassle then it was worth
usually by the time you get the 8000 mark the parts are so worn out that it costs you more to O/H maybe thats why they call it MORE Program?

Latest resources

Back