• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Checks

PSA ?'s
1. Is there a training contract at PSA?

2. Do they pay you in training?

3. How close to the airport do you have to be for Reserve duty?

4. Are the really going to get a bunch of jets? Where will they find the money? Just curious because I have an interview soon.

THANKS

Hey guys,

I am glad to see that we have interviews again, and I just heard a few days ago that we recalled the people we furloughed a month ago.

To answer your questions:

1. Is there a training contract at PSA?

Nope

2. Do they pay you in training?

Yes, you get your monthly guarantee (72 hours 'cuz you don't hold a line) plus 24 hour per diem. Current FO starting rates are $20/hr and per diem is $1.45/hr. They also pay for your hotel during training, but meals are out of your own pocket.

3. How close to the airport do you have to be for Reserve duty?

Depends on your base. For DAY, TYS, and CAK you are on a 1-hour call. For PIT and CVG you have 1-hour and 15 minutes. The difference is because you have to take a shuttle bus from the parking lot at PIT and CVG.

4. Are the really going to get a bunch of jets? Where will they find the money? Just curious because I have an interview soon.

I wish I had a answer for you on this one. Assuming we get jets in addition to our current fleet of Dorniers (the leases on them expire in 3-years) then we should hire like crazy after the mainline peeps grab 1/2 the seats. If we replace our current fleet 1 for 1 then I am out of a job along with all the other FO's. But, we really won't know anything until the Federal loan is either approved or denied since that is where the RJ money is supposedly coming from. Basically we won't know anything for certain yet.

Overall, the pilots and FA's here rock ass (with your usuall exceptions like any other place), and the airplane is a blast to fly.

Good luck with the interviews and if you have any more questions ask away!!

Take Care

Skeezer

Last edited:
Skeezer,

Thanks a million for the information, very helpful.

I have a couple of more questions for you:

1. How long is time on reserve been running?

2. When off reserve are the lines commutable or are they mostly out and backs? I only live 2hours drive from CAK/DAY

Thanks again

1. It depends on how much hiring we do in the next few months. The most senior person I know that can't hold a line has been here since last May. He wants to be based in CVG, where we have only 6 lines, so he has to sit reserve until someone upgrades. The most Jr. person I know that holds a line was hired back in March, and the line is out of DAY (our Jr. base). The last new hire class all went to TYS. I would plan reserve for atleast 3 possibly upto 12 months (most likely not more than 3 if we start hiring again) depending on base, fleet growth, and hiring. Wish I could be more specific.

2. CVG is all out and backs. PIT tends to be the commuter base. DAY and CAK usually have atleast one out and back line. I'm on the scheduling committee and to be very honest the lines change every month. All of our flying is given to us by USAirways mainline and changes from month to month and then we just try to put it together the best we can. The schedules for July seem to be stuff that mostly starts very early and ends very late, or atleast thats what some guys are saying. If I were you, I would just drive to Dayton when I get a line.

About the jets: What Skeezer said is pretty much the truth, just watch the news for any anouncments from USAirways ALPA or Mgt. Once those guys get the scope worked out then we will know a little bit more about who gets them, when, and how many. Right now no body knows anything, or if they do they are not telling the rank and file pilots of PSA.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back