Psa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoredToDeath said:
Its funny how everytime a WO'd pilot voices their desire to have all US Airways Group flying accomplished by US Airways Group Pilots some contract carrier pilot will respond like this.

I wonder why that is. Oh, I know, its because they know their feeding off us like leaches.

Not much different than the response from a W/O pilot to a mainline pilot who voices............desire to have all (insert mainline company) flying accomplished by (insert mainline company) pilots.

Its not much different, and it is funny to see PSA pilots talk a big story. I know I was one. Limpest MEC (except Z) in the biz, followed by no outrage from the pilot group.

BoredToDeath said:
Ok cherplt,

Prove me wrong. Paint your planes in your own company colors, do your own advertising and sales with no more sucking off the US Airways Express n!pple and lets see how business gets. Scumbag.

Again, no different than a mainline U pilot saying the same to you guys. Then when the UsAir Group pilots try to get jobs with you guys, you bitch about it.

Now you know how the mainline pilots feel.

Ok cherplt, Prove me wrong. Paint your planes in your own company colors, do your own advertising and sales with no more sucking off the US Airways Express n!pple and lets see how business gets. Scumbag.

Actually, we do have quite a few of our airplanes painted in our own company colors. I'm sure you've seen them around. They look a bit like Evil Kanevil's (sp?) outfit.

We also OWN, that's right.. OWN many of the routes we fly. We feed US Airways with customers they wouldn't otherwise have on many of those routes. We advertise on our own for those routes as well. One of our owners was visiting travel agents last week pushing our services. Do you call that sucking off of the US Airways Express n!pple?

You call me a scumbag, but you're the hypocrite here. Just as NYRANGERS pointed out.. If we follow your logic, then you are flying routes that belong to US Airways, aren't you?

You're not on the same seniority list as the US Airways pilots are you? Same union?? Same management?? If the answer is no, then you're just another company who flies under the US Airways banner.

Re: Re: Psa

BoredToDeath said:
An announcment for 100 firm orders of a mixed fleet of RJs for US Airways Group should come in the next couple of weeks.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!! RJs, ya right. How can you justify reducing the schedule then adding more aircraft. Doesn't make much sense but hey, I'm just a pilot. What would I know?

chperplt, as a W/O PSA pilot I want you to know that not all of us hate/dislike contract carrier pilots. In fact I have some very good friends that work at US Airways contract carriers.

I guess some people just go nuts after being stuck in a metal tube for 85 hours a month and begin to think the world revolves around them. Please don't think people like that are the majority.

One point I just want to add. You said, "You're not on the same seniority list as the US Airways pilots are you?" In a way we kinda are. With the signing of the J4J crap we are gauranteed a flow up to US Airways when that time comes (45 years from now). So in a way we have one when things pick up (never).

Peace out!

Skeezer

Last edited:
Roanaoke. You are 100%, absolutely right. She had no business being PIC of that (or any, IMHO) aircraft. and yes, I knew her.

But Brother, how long has it been now that you've been posting "...I just heard PSA is getting it's first jet next...." BTW, what happened at that Big Monday meeting where Dave himself was to spell out the future of PSA? Haven't heard squat...you?

It's getting old. Give it a rest.

Probably after MDA gets theirs you'll have some leftovers. And I hope you do, 'cause your pen!s envy is getting old.

ps. (and I know you can't stand this) Mesa currently has an agreement with Mainline (who you feed for) for 102 RJ's, through '09, I believe. Probably more.

buhbye.

O jesus f'in christ not this f'in craploa again. No matter who you work for or what you fly or how many years you've been at it -

YOUR JUST AN F'IN NUMBER AND NOTHING MORE.

this goes for anyone at any company in this biz. End of discussion.

I'm not getting in the middle fo all this "Mines bigger then yours thread".

However, read below:

When will the company order regional jets and how many will it order?

We are in discussions with regional jet manufacturers Embraer and Bombardier and expect to announce a regional jet order by late Spring.
Under the contract with our pilots' union, we have the flexibility to bring in as many as 465 regional jets to the system, and we anticipate deployment of 300 or more during the period of the business plan. These aircraft will be flown by a combination of carriers, including MidAtlantic Airways, a new division of US Airways, and our wholly owned subsidiary and affiliate carriers.

How many regional jets would US Airways and its wholly owned subsidiaries operate versus the affiliated carriers?

The affiliated carriers would operate approximately 140 of the regional jets, with MidAtlantic and US Airways' wholly owned subsidiaries operating the remainder. The elimination of most of the turbo-prop fleet of the US Airways Express carriers is to be completed by the end of 2008.

This came off a Q and A session with group today.

I love Cheese!!!!!!

chperplt said:
{snipped irrelevant drivel}

You're not on the same seniority list as the US Airways pilots are you? Same union?? Same management?? If the answer is no, then you're just another company who flies under the US Airways banner.

chprplt
this is where your wrong,

seniority list; nothing official but as skeezer pointed out, with the tbd flowthrough its an eventuality.

we are under the same management as mainline, the wo's mgmt report to their superiors at express mgmt, essentially a sub office of group, same as mainline is.

that's where the difference lies, and how this is OUR company not just some entity flying under the colors.

true, you do fly routes that group uses/needs, and this isn't an attack on you or amw or mesa, nor is it bored to death's, mine or other wo pilots fault, but if airways hadn't been leeched down by greedy/idiot management over the years and was more forward looking, they would have expanded the company internally and aquired/flew those routes in company

So Dash 8, any new buzz at ALG about new hires now that c11 is over? I'd be happy to put my butt in a Dash. What's the latest on LGA base? Talk to me! :confused:

choo gots some 'splainin ta do

desi,
sorry bro,
nothing yet, lga is opening in may, abe is closing in june i believe
the bid spots for lga are filled already, so unless they change the crew requirements there i don't believe there'll be any openings till who knows when
as for the rest of the bases (with the obvious exception of abe) they haven't said anything to us yet
hopefully in the next couple weeks our mgmt will have something to say since group just officially came out of bk yesterday. sorry i don't have anything more for ya. If i hear anything hopefull i'll pm you on here.

Latest resources

Back