Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingairrick

Rare user
Has anyone heard about a fairly large washout rate from PSA's training program lately? A rumor is going around that only 2 from the last sim class, and something like three from the previous class made it.

Not trying to start anything, just substantiate something someone told me...

FALSE !!!

In the sim, PSA gives extra time for those who need it. The folks in YUL are awsome and bend over backwards for the pilots. If your ever up there, ask for JP, he's awsome.

Plenty of thoes rumors around the WO in ref to PSA and MDA. I assume most are very untrue. I had an ALG capt tell me the other day on PHL that MDA had a 85% failure rate. I told him he was full of crapola. 85%, that means 1.5 of every 10 making it thru, if thats true then the feds would be all over the program. (yes we all know what happened to the ground school)

Another thing, the people that are spreading the rumors especially on the MDA training front tend to be the ones that have screwed ALG in the past with issues like abusing sick time, flying at reduced power, and fudging times. Eventhough we were once a 550+ pilot group, we've always been small and they (management most of who came from the same pilot group) know who they are and the few that have been the "trouble makers" know it. See where this is headed......

From what I understand MDA is "train to prof" and the instructors are great. Plus WO guys do not go there on probation. So unless you go in with an attitude I'd tend to believe that you will do just fine.

I too have heard that PSA was having some problems getting everyone through.

As for MDA, they have a 100% pass rate. Not one person has failed a Sim ride. The first class of WO's have just finished their first week. Everyone passed the first couple of tests.

Like LearLove said, if WO transfers are filling FO slots, and they're off probabtion, AND it's "train to prof"...how can the washout rate be so high???

Sombody's lyin'

Thanks. It sounded fishy to me. Came from someone who just came home...Probably sour grapes. My FO just got hired, and I wanted to make sure she was going to be OK.
Once again, Thanks

washout rate?

That is not true! There is hardly any washout. The instructors here do their absolute best to help people learn what they need to know. This is an excellent training program.

Latest resources

Back