• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA to Skywest Questions. Please help me out SKW Guys & Gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats your schedules look like for the month?

At PSA this month I started with 6 off ina row then 2 then 4 then 2. But trip traded and picked up 2 days out of the 4 day off strech.
(14 off on a build up line more me was a dream come true!)

The most senior line at our company only gave 14 days off for the past few month. most people get from 10-13.

I hope it's better at skywest!

Any chance of seeing 16-20 days off at skywest? I know express jet and republic guys can swing that if they are senior enough.

I've also had 2-3 days off on either side of my vacation as well, just bid my off days that way. FWIW I bid around 160-170 out of 350.

How many hours of vacation did that cost you?

I usually use just 2.5 hours a day/17.5 week. Don't want to really use any more than that with the crummy accrual rates. With 7 years seniority and averaging 90+ hours a month I'd guess I only accrue 50-55 hours.

Whats your schedules look like for the month?

At PSA this month I started with 6 off ina row then 2 then 4 then 2. But trip traded and picked up 2 days out of the 4 day off strech.
(14 off on a build up line more me was a dream come true!)

The most senior line at our company only gave 14 days off for the past few month. most people get from 10-13.

I hope it's better at skywest!

Any chance of seeing 16-20 days off at skywest? I know express jet and republic guys can swing that if they are senior enough.

With the seniority in SLC you could fly locals that credit 7-8 hours, 2 days that pay 12-14, and the occasional 4 day that pays 25hrs+. Working only 80 hours a month you could get 18-20 days off. Maybe 10-20 percent of the pilots fall into this category. At the same time we have locals that only pay min daily guarantee of 3:45 to 4 day trips only paying 16 hours. You could be down to 10-12 days off with just 75-80 hours for the month. I believe the average runs somwhere around 15 days off a month.

The 700/900 flying usually consist of longer legs/greater credit for the day.

I still can't believe they put you guys in that Wingate at XNA. Don't you have a hotel committee to complain to???

Drive another 10 minutes into Bentonville and they have every hotel you could imagine (plus restaurants, shopping, movie theaters, etc.)

Embassy Suites, Amerisuites, Hampton Inn, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, Hilton Garden, a new Doubletree is about to open, LaQuinta, they just broke ground on a Westin.

The Embassy is across the street from a new shopping/entertainment complex called Pinnacle Promenade: http://pinnaclehillspromenade.com and an upscale shopping area with a great bar called Eddie Haskells.

You should raise a ruckus and change hotels. (Unless they're short overnights then I suppose it doesn't matter)

You should raise a ruckus and change hotels. (Unless they're short overnights then I suppose it doesn't matter)

Only 18 hrs....Yea the hotel is nice but the location is totally unacceptable. But that doesn't matter. Crew moral is just not a concern at PSA. Only when the on time performance suffers will PSA ever get better. We did get scheduling to authorize a taxi service from the hotel in XNA to "Downtown" and it cost them $56. Now if everyone will do that everyday then the hotel will change. till then....

My classmates and I are in the bottom 10% of lineholders in ORD. Our schedules are all pretty much 90+ hour credit with 10-11 days off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back