Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buxflyr

After 4 years, a T/A has been reached at PSA:

"The ALPA negotiating committee is pleased to announce that they have reached a tentative agreement with PSA management on a new collective bargaining agreement This tentative agreement is subject to finalizing language, which the parties will be meeting to resolve next week in Dayton. It will also be subject to MEC acceptance and membership ratification. The MEC will be publishing the details of the tentative agreement as soon as possible."

Interesting! We just finished ours....

Fellow pilots,

I am very pleased to announce that earlier today, at a Special MEC meeting in Herndon, the MEC unanimously endorsed the Tentative Agreement (TA). It was also resolved that the MEC “urges the pilots to vote ‘yes’” in favor of this agreement. We will be distributing copies of the TA, as well as bullet points highlighting changes, as soon as possible.

This TA includes many improvement for this group, including:

· a new Career Progression Agreement—signed by US Airways—that provides opportunities for mainline hiring
· a significant signing bonus
· improvements in pay rates
· increased dead head pay and per diem payments
· higher monthly guarantee
· minimum of eleven (11) days off for hard, buildup, and reserve lines
· increased 401(k) company match.

We are currently planning roadshows in all the domiciles for the week of February 25. Once we have the dates and times finalized, we will announce these to the pilot groups. We will be holding numerous events so that each of you will have ample opportunity to have your questions asked and your concerns addressed.

Voting is scheduled to open on Tuesday, March 5, at 10:00am EST, and close on Friday, March22, at 10:00 am EDT. The votes would then be immediately counted with results known by the end of the day on Friday, March 22. Further information will be coming shortly on voting procedures.

We urge each of you to read the TA in full, come to a roadshow, and raise any questions or concerns with your status reps or members of the negotiating committee.

In closing, I would like to once again express my gratitude to the negotiating committee and the MEC for completing this tentative agreement and hopefully bringing over three years of negotiations to a successful close.

Captain Bruce Freedman
Piedmont MEC Chairman

Which are two US Airways WO's. And had both contracts wrapped up at the same time after years of trying. Interesting I say..... But thanks for being Captain Obvious.

At the same time as they are getting ready to merge with AA who also happens to still have a wholly owned regional. This is not a coincidence that these contracts are both getting done at the same time and also at the same time as a merger is announced. Something else is going on.

There is no grand conspiracy here. Parker cant have any unknown cost during a transaction of assets. The amr board still has to vote I believe, and having open contracts is not desirable.

There is no grand conspiracy here. Parker cant have any unknown cost during a transaction of assets. The amr board still has to vote I believe, and having open contracts is not desirable.

that is one thing I was talking about. If they werent merging they wouldnt have TA's in my opinion.

But this is also a prime time to spin all 3 of the WO's off too or do something else with them.

Ok I agree if US and AMR were not merging, PDT and PSA would probably not have tas right now. Besides that, what going on behind the scenes?

Well, I'll say it! Congratulations and job well done by both pilot groups. We needed some good news after what happend in this regional industry after what was announced by another carrier last month!

Congratulations AGAIN!

Latest resources

Back