• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

PSA Nov Lines

ex j-41

Total Time
Anyone have any idea as to what is happening to the DAY lines?
70 plus lines down to 50 in November. I hear that it may go to 40?

I am just wondering if i should rent/lease a more comfortable "home away
from home" for those long days ahead on reserve. Or if this is short term and
i should suck it up in a crashpad?

328dude

Still turning two
Total Time
??????
Not sure why, but I think the company is wanting to have most of our flights out of CLT in the coming month's. I heard a rumor, that some of the planes were getting the new paintjob and was the reason, but not sure about that.

Lot's of crashpad's available in CLT.

Maybe CP can shed some light on the reason for the decline in DAY.

dollacrackho

Total Time
in the newsletter it says 85% of psa flying will be out of charlotte by december or beginning of the year, i forget which but sounds like they're really starting to move everything to charlotte.

ex j-41

Total Time
85%

Is that 85% of the current reduced flying?

PSAChiefPilots

Total Time
>1000
328dude said:
Not sure why, but I think the company is wanting to have most of our flights out of CLT in the coming month's. I heard a rumor, that some of the planes were getting the new paintjob and was the reason, but not sure about that.

Lot's of crashpad's available in CLT.

Maybe CP can shed some light on the reason for the decline in DAY.

It is probably the flying that was supposed to be here when Philly closed... Remember, it was all supposed to go to CLT...
You know, when everyone was whining in CLT because all the flying didn't show up. Now it finally shows up in CLT and the DAY crews are not happy...The ups and downs of the industry.

DUDE, Did you finally get off reserve??? I assume not, I guess you are not going to bid to DAY now. I saw your LOA, are you having that surgery next month?

CRJDog

Supadawg!!!
Total Time
2MUCH
I have heard from several sources that 94% of the flying will be out of CLT by June 06. There will be minimal flying out of DAY and maybe TYS. If any base were to close due to this reduction of flying in bases other than CLT, I would say it would be TYS. The only positive thing I have heard that is not official though is that both TYS and DAY will remain open but with a small number of lines just to justify a crew base.

Saabslime

Dysfunctional family
Total Time
enough
Management is just trying to secure market-share before SWA decides to make a commitment there.