PSA new hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IKE

I'm a new hire pilot at PSA. Just wondering what the future looks like for me. I know I could get on with about any regional with my experience. If we get 900's, will the upgrade time decrease or with the Mid Atlantic J4J folks will it still be a lifetime as an FO. Any advice. Thanks

900s or not you are still about 200+ away from upgrade. Try learning to be an FO first before thinkng about upgrade. Good luck with everything here and learn your contract so scheduling doesn't mess with you too much.

IKE said:
I'm a new hire pilot at PSA. Just wondering what the future looks like for me. I know I could get on with about any regional with my experience. If we get 900's, will the upgrade time decrease or with the Mid Atlantic J4J folks will it still be a lifetime as an FO. Any advice. Thanks

No one knows. Anyone who says they do is just guessing at best. Welcome to professional aviation. It's a crap shoot.

No one knows, but J4Js can only fill 50% of the vacancies created. So, if (and a huge if) they get 20 new airplanes and need 80 new captains, up to a max of 40 can be J4Js and trhe rest have to be PSA F/O upgrades.

You poor bastard! Get ready for all sorts of BS from all different angles. If you have any other options (including cleaning sewers) I would strongly reconsider. YOU WILL NEVER UPGRADE HERE.

Dont get me wrong, there are tons of good people here and the flying is a lot of fun, but as far as companies go and as far as QOL goes it is terrible here. I dont think there is anyone here who will disagree with that and if they do, they are brand new and havent been raked over the coals enough yet.

Good luck to you, I didnt mean to come off as a dick, things are just VERY rough for this pilot group right now. We've been beat down time and time again and basically punished for doing a good job. We're a little strung out to say the least.

mamba20 said:
You poor bastard! Get ready for all sorts of BS from all different angles. If you have any other options (including cleaning sewers) I would strongly reconsider. YOU WILL NEVER UPGRADE HERE.

gee man, that one even left me depressed, and i don't even work for PSA!

Latest resources

Back