PSA-Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm Q said:
Mesaba training has all moved to MSP. We've still got about 8 guys on furlough, the last 4 called back are being recalled into the Avro. Movement is going to be slow for a while, if you get on expect reserve or ready reserve with 10 days off a month for a while. Some pilots are leaving but it's slow. Lines, once you hold one, are pretty good and, as previously stated, credit for FO's is 85+ hours on average with 13 to 17 days off average depending on your domicile. I've heard training is improving. Our contract is up in June and the company is dragging its feet big time. However, it looks like we've got a couple of good bulldog union reps that aren't going to roll over (I hope).

I don't know about avioding PSA like the "plague". ASA is moving ATR's into CVG to take over some of Comair's routes. CHQ is taking over Comair's MCO base. Yes, Comair and ASA are good regionals, but remember all regionals basically suck. PSA is getting ready for a big RJ expansion and that means lots of hiring. Yes, PSA is a part of the Jets for Jobs but that still means we have seats to fill on the 328 and half the seats on the jets we will add. I don't see the Dorks going anywhere for a few years, so hopefully there will be quick movement which means a short reserve period for FO's. Our contract is not the best, but do you really want to spend the rest of your career at a regional? Get your time where ever you go, and get out as quickly as possible. Good luck.

Penguin,

That's great to hear about PSA! I hadn't realized their expansion plans were so good. They just sent me the application a couple of days ago which I hope is a good sign. Not sure how competitive I am - currently flight instructing and have 950TT and 100 multi, with a lot of backseat (read - can't log it) military time.

Anything you might advise me to work on?

How about the interview process? I've looked at aviation interviews websight which is helpful, but any gouge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help; I look forward to becoming your "furlough fodder."

ps - what's "Jets for Jobs?"

Latest resources

Back