• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa Jets!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In theory it is possible. However you cannot hatch new crews overnight, it takes about two months or more to go threw the training IOE, for the new equipment. So the people that are able would probably bid into the new aircraft (into training) as we park the dorks, keeping everyone employed.

This keeps changing all of the time but six of the dorks are to go away before the year is over. How many RJ's are we going to get, are we going to get RJ's? I would guess that we are going to get them, and as I understand it the staffing in the RJ's will be better than current levels.

This is my best SWAG, 328 dude has some better info than I, He can also answer who the new recruiter is.

Later,

Smoking Man

Last edited:
Ken Sellers or David Glenn. They handle all the resumes and schedule the interviews. They are asking that people just fax their resume in and not call. They are getting swamped with phone calls and all they will tell you is what I'm telling you know.
You can vist www.psaairlines.com for the fax number. They have already started interviewing.

As far as furlurloughes go, Smoking Man is correct with the statement that it is possible. However, all new hires are going into the Dornier. The staffing for the CRJ will be 50 percent mainline and 50 percent CURRENT PSA pilots. The staffing on the Dork is at 3.8 crews and the jet will be close to 5 per aircraft. They will need more people to keep the Dork fleet flying while all of us transfer over to the CRJ. They only way we would have to furlurlough anyone is if PSA got rid of any of the Dorks before getting the jets. That's not going to happen.
It's my understanding that we will not have to furlough anyone inless of the worst case scenario as stated above. Even if we do it would be for only a matter of weeks and not months.

This question was asked before but I don't think it was answered. Is getting the PSA application to fill out in the mail usually a sign of a call for an interview in the future? Anybody else get this app in the mail recently? I was totally not expecting anything from an airline anytime soon but I got this one and I next-day-aired the sucker as soon as I could.
Thanks.

jdru25 said:
I had no clue that PSA was looking at the DOjets. I had thought they were looking at the CRJ or ERJ. I recently saw AvCraft's charter DOjet and its really impressive.

I thought DOJets maker couldn't provide them due to bankruptcy. That's why ACA moved away from them. That was a while ago. Are they back up and making more?

Spock: Just curious, did you send a resume in before you got the app?

I have heard them doing this, but always forgot to ask him why they were doing this. I'll put a call in tommorrow and find out what it means and hopefully answer your question.

Another possibility is that they are unable to accept any applications if you don't have atleast 1500TT due to restrictions from insurance carriers. If you sent in an app without these minimum times, this might be a way for them to see if you have reached the minimums yet and schedule you.

If you don't have atleast 1500 hours TT, they cannot accept your resume.

ACA and the Doorknobs

ACA is still open about obtaining more Dornier Jets once thay start production again. If you read the papers, AVcraft bought the assembly line and plans to keep it in Gemany. Production will start again along with the 428. Which 328 and 428 stands for 328-428 TAS respectfully for those of you scatching your head. The 328 does has its fair share of problems. Mosly small computer problems that are decreasing day by day. Look at the CRJ 700 that Comair now has. Does anybody talk to the pilots that fly them? Same thing, engine problems, computer problems, that is the cycle of a new model of airplane. :p

I have heard that about the CRJ-700. I have spoken to a bunch of them since I commute on Comair, but they say the bigest complaint is some problem with the center tank. I don't know anything about the 700 series, so maybe a 700 jockie can enlighten me what that's all about.

700 issues

buddy of mine at eagle said they've had lots of problems with the computer transfering fuel to the center tank uncommanded, screwing up their cg's and not being able to transfer the fuel back out

prolly just growing pains for the new model just like tooslow said

I heard something about problems with the engines (fan blades) on the CRJ-700...which ended up reducing their cruise speed by .02 mach. Not sure if its still a problem or not.

Out of pure curiosity...where will the USAirways WOs get their CRJs from considering the backlog of orders at Bombardier?

Latest resources

Back