PSA interviewing for pool or class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HouseBoy

I got a voicemail from Ken yesterday requesting a callback for an interview I assume. He was reviewing my application that I had sent in way back in August! Guess I didn't get that fast turnaround that many others got.

I did a search on PSA on this forum and have seen some conflicting info. Some say they are furloughing next week, others say they are having new hire classes real soon. Are either of these true (or both of them true for that matter)?

The timing for this call could have been better though...I start groundschool at a 1900 operator on Monday. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to go to that 1900 job, but it would have been great to interview with PSA as well. I may still try to fit the interview in, but here's a couple questions...

1) Is PSA hiring into a pool or do they have classes lined up?
2) If they are hiring into a pool, does anyone know how deep it is?
3) What is your best guess as to when new hire classes will be?

Until yesterday I had no doubts whatsoever about going to fly the 1900, but that phone call yesterday is just making me think way too much. :rolleyes:

Houseboy,

If we are hiring, it would be into a pool at this time.

Currently we have (or will very soon) four people on furlough as a result of the reduction in schedule from the Iraq war.

Additionally, around June we will be giving back 1 aircraft per month so that will further reduce our staffing needs.

Hopefully we will hear soon about the RJ's and how many, and where they will be placed. Until then I doubt we will do anything but furlough.

That being said, I would recommend doing the interview beause if you get put into a pool you will get to sit back a bit and know you have a job here if things get good. If they go bad, you still have the other job,

Anyway, good luck!

Skeezer

I interviewed on the 18th, and got the call on the 21st of last month. I was told that I need to get to 1500hrs TT before starting. About a week later, Ken called me to let me know that they had to furlough the current class but I'd be in the next one assuming the war would go fairly smoothly, and he expected it to be in june or july. He made no mention of return Dorniers but as a new hire I am not privy to all info I suppose. I really do hope they get RJs soon, I really want to start!

Study to gouge, ATP prep and be yourself and you should do fine. Very relaxed interview.

Good luck!
B

I'm curious as well...

I'm in the pool too... It sounds to me that if the RJ deal that everyone is talking about doesn't come through then "the swimteam" can forget it. Is there any speculation on when the RJ deal might be decided upon? I'm really looking forward to the dornier... I hope the war cools down soon and things turn around.

Fisch22 - just out of curiosity - did you get a walk in?? I see you have 135 experience so that definitely helps of course.
thanks

i hear jeffrey francis was replaced by ken something. if this is correct, what is his full first and last name.

Latest resources

Back