• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Supposed to be 18 guys, count on 3 or 4 no shows!

Good Luck!

BSeals71 said:
Hey Guys

I will be interviewing with PSA Airlines on the 19th as well. From what it sounds like there probably won’t be more than 8-10 people (just a guess). This will be my first Airline interview, so if you guys have any useful advice please let me know. Everybody I have talked to has said PSA is a great company to work for, and I’m excited!

P.S

wannabe22 looking forward to seeing you guys there. Good luck!

PSAChiefPilots said:
Kill, Could I give you a list of names!
I use to handle this myself as a line pilot but I have to be "politically correct" on the "dark Side"...I believe it's called "Due Process"

What's wrong, You didn't have a seat when the musical chairs stopped? I told you to bid to charlotte....I just put in a request for a Balcony off the crew room and a Hot tub.

Later,
PSACPSP

Charlotte!?
Don't think I could have held a line there next month......where did my flying go? Haven't looked @ the lines for DAY or CLT yet, however if I can bid out of this I will.....but somehow I don't think that that many more lines were added in ANY base. I hate the flying I used to do out of DAY, but not as much as I hate commuting to reserve. If I need to go to DAY, please tell me......if there are lines for me in CLT as a now 'ex line holder' in TYS, please tell me before the next dom. bid closes. Thanks in advance.......

Goose

Next month (sept. Bid) there should be a lot of flying transfered to Other bases, Which one? Your guess is as good as mine. Just remember, there is a large transfer of pilots as well, plan accordingly. With the closing of PHL, the flying is being transferred...Part of the problem this month (august's bid) is that they were not sure exactly when and how many of Air Whiskey's aircraft would be in service and what date. From what I was told, the agreement was for Air Whiskey to start in August but there was no firm date settled up...I think it was finally agreed upon to be very late in the month, You do not exactly force someone to start a certain date when they just gave you 125M. They could do that with past contract carriers, I do not see them doing that now.
There is (or will be) PROBABLY more open time than normal....Just a guess. Commuting to TYS is not easy. I know, I did it for 8 years, at least I had the option to drive it 4 hours which I occasionally did (or had to do)...BID OUT NOW, Football season starts soon, You think it sucks now, what until 105K people are trying to get over there. If you are "chasing" flying bid to DAY but I think they are loosing flying as well. CLT is the safer bet. Unless you are commuting off line, wouldn't this be easiest anyway???
Later,
PSACPSP
svcta said:
Charlotte!?
Don't think I could have held a line there next month......where did my flying go? Haven't looked @ the lines for DAY or CLT yet, however if I can bid out of this I will.....but somehow I don't think that that many more lines were added in ANY base. I hate the flying I used to do out of DAY, but not as much as I hate commuting to reserve. If I need to go to DAY, please tell me......if there are lines for me in CLT as a now 'ex line holder' in TYS, please tell me before the next dom. bid closes. Thanks in advance.......

Goose

base changes

hey uh, finished recurrent a week ago or so, and the el-presidentay came in and said that feb 1st 90 percent flyin out of CLT and 10 percent DAY, that is all!

Thanks for the info.....failed to recognize that we were giving up flying to Willie. If it's money issue let me know.....125M, eh? How about 126 and a crew meal? That's my final offer.

new hires are going to a undisclosed location of the coast of south america where they will be trained in guerilla warfare and will also attend advanced survival school to learn how to survive for months on a bag of pretzels and their own urine. also they will learn how to speak jive. over and out

First they must learn to search out those bag of pretzels from between and underneath the seat cushions...as they will become scarce reallll soon I believe...

Talked to an Air Wisky guy this morning in ORD. He said they are starting flights out of PHL around the 14th of August and should be fully fledged by the end of the month. That's what they were told anyways. Take it for what it's worth as 3rd hand info.

As for lines, I was the number 36 FO in DAY (with 68 lines) and moved to CLT next month to become the bottom line holder at 51 (first build up line actually). So until they add more flying in CLT it is not the place to go. I'm assuming though that the PHL flying will begin out of CLT in sept. I noticed on the dayton pairings that a lot of them start with a Deadhead to CLT essentially making them a 200 pairing out of CLT.

You may have noticed we are set to do recurrent training in CLT now which will save the company money on hotel rooms because it is in domocile for those based there. Those based in DAY will continue to train in DAY for now.

Jive?

dollacrackho said:
new hires are going to a undisclosed location of the coast of south america where they will be trained in guerilla warfare and will also attend advanced survival school to learn how to survive for months on a bag of pretzels and their own urine. also they will learn how to speak jive. over and out

In case you haven't heard...Pretzels are gone in Sept....DO search on this website....It will now be one "nutritious" crew meal every 4 days.

DCH, Maybe you need to go back to that training, Your jive ain't so hot!
PSACPSP

Latest resources

Back