• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa Hired!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
we are interviewing the cream of the crop now.

I love it!!! Check out the original poster's other threads to see how true this is. Pilot754 had been turned down by, I kid you not, I believe 10 other regionals. PSA is really getting the very best of the best now. To the CA's who fly with this one: Good luck.

Found some of his earlier posts:
I have been at way too many 121 interviews already. It is over 10 of them and no offers. Since JAN 07 been to ASA, COMAIR, CAPE AIR, Republic, Skywest and Skyway this past week :(. Not to mention my attempt for Regions Air.
Wow...

we are interviewing the cream of the crop now. At the training center i ran into candidates that had less than 350 hours. Just think the senior captains might have to learn how to program the FMS now with the new talent pool.
There was only one candidate with time THAT low. Another guy only had 500 TT but he built all of it in the Airforce. Regarding the 350 hour pilot, he was actually a pretty cool guy who was rather sharp. I don't think any CAs would have nearly as much of a problem flying with him as they would half the other folks that were there who had over 1000 TT.

From another thread:
It doesn't matter how you do on the skills test. I heard that at the last interview session over half of the pilots hired by PSA didn't pass the sim portion of the interview.
Let's just hope that the "half" I mentioned above is this half. It's probably a good thing they cranked up the moderate/heavy chop for the sim and the more I think about it, the more it all adds up.

I love it!!! Check out the original poster's other threads to see how true this is. Pilot754 had been turned down by, I kid you not, I believe 10 other regionals. PSA is really getting the very best of the best now. To the CA's who fly with this one: Good luck.

I have been at way too many 121 interviews already. It is over 10 of them and no offers. Since JAN 07 been to ASA, COMAIR, CAPE AIR, Republic, Skywest and Skyway this past week :(. Not to mention my attempt for Regions Air.
Wow...

It's really too bad that you have that kind of attitude. I'm sure there are many people who have/are being hired by PSA (and everywhere else for that matter) who have worked very hard to achieve their goals. You shouldn't downplay other peoples accomplishments by lumpimg everyone into one category and then sarcastically call it "the best of the best". You may very well be describing pilots who are much better than yourself.
As far as pilot754 is concerned, you do not know his situation and neither do I. Maybe he is a tool, maybe not. Either way, he has proven that persistance pays off and should be given a pat on the back for all his hardwork and dedication. I'm sure he'll appreciate his new job more than anyone else will.
Moral of the story, dont be ignorant.

I am going to have to go ahead and agree with plunger. Think about how much money and time it took to get all the way from PVT to MEI. Now how about that guy that has a family to support and works a 9-5 on the side just to get some extra $$$ to fly. If PSA is going to hire 250hr pilots then make sure they hire the ones that show the maturity the position deserves. I hope the interviewers can sort out who really worked for it and those who didn't.

hopefully they'll start offering those hiring bonuses like the other regionals... if they do will someone be my sponsor?!!

Saw that yesterday they gave a notice for 6 more upgrades. Anyone know what that brings to total to this year?

22 or 16 I think.

They are already behind, as these positions are effective Aug. I believe. Well they needed 12/month starting in June....so figure the poor planning for another year. Flip side is. I think 1-2 more classes of 6 upgrades and the upgrade time is down to 3.5 years I believe.

Wow...

Oh god...regions air wouldn't take him?! They have been SHUT DOWN by the FAA for umteen violations of...oh hell nevermind it doesn't matter. Let's just hope if he's that big of a schmuck the good people in our training department will send him home and not out on the line to try and kill us all....and for the record quite a few have gone that road. One guy, I heard the other day, couldn't pass IOE after 60 hours! Sheesh...

I had a "senior" training department guy ride up front yesterday and he said they are able to fill 20 new hire spots a month. I don't believe him that they are actually able to find 20 guys a month that a) are willing to come here and b) won't wash out, but that's what he said. He also said that once they got up 20 guys or so for training float they would start upgrading 14 a month.

I'll believe it when I see it, and even then, at the rate they canceled upgrade classes last fall, I believe it when I see the guys wearing 4 stripes.

Latest resources

Back