• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa Hired!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It really is amazing the number of people who check the box saying willing to work extensive nights, weekends, holidays, relocate, etc. Then a lot of them still complain about it anyway. Try to get based somewhere where a lot of people commute and move. If you are lucky enough to have locals you can move to the base and be home every night. I dunno about every other airline but at skywest we have more than just 4 day trips. 4 day trips are fine if you commute. If you live in base however when you get the seniority you should try to bid locals, 2day, 3day trips. You have to tuff it out on reserve and as a jr lineholder for a while. Once you stick it out for a while there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

The tunnel for you is the space between your ears. You are the tooliest.

Yep, just tough it out. Then you'll have to upgrade and your schedule will suck again, but just tough it out. Then you'll want to goto a legacy/LCC so your schedule will suck again, but you can just tough it out. You'll then have to upgrade at the major/LCC, but tough it out. Then it'll be time to retire if you didn't already medical out from the stress of toughing it out.

Then leave the buisness if you are that unhappy about it. Working holidays and weekends is a fact of life in this job. Why on earth did you spend all that time and money to get here if you don't want to work weekends. I myself do not upgrade. I do all day trips, home every night. I don't need the money. It is allabout finding a situation you can handle. If you can't handle then don't let the door hit ya on the way out. What are you going to do try and make the union force a contract saying all airlines will not fly on holidays and weekends?

Then leave the buisness if you are that unhappy about it. Working holidays and weekends is a fact of life in this job. Why on earth did you spend all that time and money to get here if you don't want to work weekends. I myself do not upgrade. I do all day trips, home every night. I don't need the money. It is allabout finding a situation you can handle. If you can't handle then don't let the door hit ya on the way out. What are you going to do try and make the union force a contract saying all airlines will not fly on holidays and weekends?

Ya, well my family needs to eat. And in order to eat i need to make money. It's people like you that turn this JOB into a hobby and we end up making crap. Thanks

ex-J41, well said. If you dont need the money then go buy an airplane and fly as a hobby. If you think you are a professional then you should be compensated as one. Varying shifts are part of the airline industry but a company walking over the contract daily should not be. People at PSA have a right to complain. It use to be a great place to work. PSA stands for Pretty $hitty Airline

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back