Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d328pilot

flying in asia
I just found out today that PSA has furloughed 8 today. Not sure why or how many will follow. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow. Anyone else know anything?

Furloughs

I belive that the furloughs are the new hires that were in training. I don't belive that they will continue to fully trained crews

We are pulling an airplane off line to use as a spare thus the furloughing of the new hires. All upgrades have been cancelled till further notice.

Just in case you don't know PDT furloughed 28 including some who had finished SOE with over 100 hours under their belts. Rumor has it that another "substantial" amount of pilots will be let go late next month. Salisbury is planning on returning four 100's and deffering delivery of 3 300's in July and returning 9 more 100's next January. I guess I'll have to polish off my resume again so I can go compete with thousands of other pilots for a 20K/ year job. What a business!

...and ALG is, in fact, furloughing more than the few they let go recently. A friend of mine is officially furloughed as of July 1st... After being there since late last year.

So ALL of the W/O'd carriers are shrinking. Am I the only one who presumes that this is "payback" for not necessarily playing along with the J4J deal, or is that just a little too naive?

Thoughts?

Not to worry men. I just read in another thread (on this board) that ALPA national is going to refuse to sign LOA 81 and the J4J protocol and come to your defense. The writer is taking bets.

Sorry about your furloughs guys (ALG, PDT, PSA) but you really can't expect to stay flying when your mainline daddys are unemployed and flying at Potomac, now can you.

And don't say it ain't fair. It's always fair when it favors a mainline pilot.

Surplus:

Sorry if my post lead you to the wrong conclusion. Rumors are that ALPA national has serious concerns about the LOA. I have no confirmation that Woerth is going to refuse to sign it - at this point we just don't know yet.

If you have another source on this and my bet is correct - great. I'm really hoping something will turn around for the US Air WO's. In the meantime they need to build a litigation war chest ASAP and file grievances under Article 1 of the ALPA Constitution and Bylaws.

Best Regards,
~~~^~~~

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
Surplus:

Sorry if my post lead you to the wrong conclusion. Rumors are that ALPA national has serious concerns about the LOA. I have no confirmation that Woerth is going to refuse to sign it - at this point we just don't know yet.

I have no special or inside information. It's just that I know the man and I also know the positions of the various mainline MEC's. He isn't going to do anything that they don't want or they'll bump him just like they dumped Babbitt when they thought he was getting to chummy with the little people.

The mainline gurus don't want RJ airframes at the mainline because it will lower their wage base and prolong the rise to supreme being levels. They don't want RJs at the regionals because they don't understand RJ economics and the fear the aircraft is replacing their equipment. In other words, they don't want RJs anywhere.

That strategy has backfired in a monumental way and now they don't have a clue what to do about it. They've blown every good opportunity due to greed on the one hand and prejudice on the other, so now they're pouting and kicking their feet like spoiled brats.

USAirways today demanded concessions of nearly $600 million from the pilots and still more RJs. Lets see what they do now about that.

All I can really say to you is don't trust the rhetoric that you get from "national leaders". If the elephants want LOA 81 signed, it will be signed. If they don't then it wont be. Whatever they decide to do, they wont do it in open session in the presence of the second tier. They'll go off and caucus in private and make the decision. When they're ready they'll tell you how you should vote and, if you don't, override you with the roll call. Meanwhile, they will tell you and your reps whatever they think you want to hear or whatever will shut you up until they've decided. That's how they operate.

The only thing that's keeping the little people out of the slaughter house right now is this lawsuit that they don't quite know how to handle. It's too bad that a lot of regional pilots aren't seeing that and uniting to protect their rights.

-------> I'm really hoping something will turn around for the US Air WO's. In the meantime they need to build a litigation war chest ASAP and file grievances under Article 1 of the ALPA Constitution and Bylaws.

I'm sure you know where I stand. I share the pain of the U WO's and at the same time I blame their former leaders for drinking too much Kool Aid in the past. We tried to warn them. Now they have new leaders that I hope are wiser.

I want them to survive this attack, but it is going to take more than hope. They need to cover their six and be very wary of EVPs (there is nothing more dangerous than a double agent). They need to file the necessary grievances immediately (it should have been done already) both against the company and particularly against the union. They also need to hire good legal counsel, start the fund raising and file suit to protect their rights. If they can't raise the money, then they should consider and Amicus brief with the RJDC. If they don't step up to the plate very soon, it will be too late.

I'm on their side 100% and I think you know that. I hope they do too and don't misunderstand this post.

Your CMR Brother,
Surplus1

B737 said:
I hate to say it, but I think PDT, PSA, and ALG are about to be sold.

Who do you think would buy them and why?

Latest resources

Back