psa class date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

paddlehigh

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard any news about class dates. I interviewed in october and still have not received any info. Also, why have we not received training manuals. It would be nice to get a head start on training.

paddlehigh said:
Also, why have we not received training manuals. It would be nice to get a head start on training.
Why is everyone so wrapped up about getting a "head start" on class? I went through class at an airline that gave us everything we needed on day 1, and we all passed with flying colors and still went out a few nights and had a good time. Ground school is tough, but not impossible like some people make it out to be. For me, OE was the toughest part of training, by FAR.

Just relax and enjoy it!

~wheelsup

thats probably the stupidest response I have ever heard on this board. What is so bad about someone trying to get ahead of the game. Nobody but you is getting excited, so try to relax freak show.

I interviewed back in August and I'm still waiting for a class...

The wait is frustrating but keep plugging along and sending out resumes and hope the call comes sooner rather than later. I'm sure when you are assigned a class stuff will be sent out, until then have a brew and relax. Last news was very late January or Febuary for the next class.

paddlehigh said:
thats probably the stupidest response I have ever heard on this board. What is so bad about someone trying to get ahead of the game. Nobody but you is getting excited, so try to relax freak show.

Ok fine. Go ahead and study your ass off. When you get to class they will most likely say "here is what you should know" because that's what they did with AWAC. Unless you're god's gift, you'll just confuse those facts with everything else you have been studying. Atleast that's how I am.

Just giving some advice from someone who has been there, done that. Sorry it pissed ya off.

~wheelsup

Paddlehigh, you need to chill out a bit. Wheelsup was trying to help you out with some advice from somebody who's been there. No need to bash him for it. If you don't want to take it, fine... move on, but don't make a personal attack out of it. You obviously haven't been on this board very long if that is the stupidist thing you have seen here.

As to class dates? Who knows. We have voluntary leaves for January. There are plenty of rumors going around right now. My advice... keep doing what every you are doing and if you find another good job in the meantime go ahead and take it. PSA will get back to you at some point though, and when they do you will find that it's not a bad place to be. HOWEVER... if you come in here with that sort of attitude you will be in for a rough time. Nobody in my class came in having studied anything other then the take home sheet of memory items they sent us and we all did fine. Additionally, the only crew from the class after me that washed out of training was the one that was constantly worrying about what they should be knowing for the next stage of training. Take it for what it's worth.

I interviewd in Sept. and was scheduled for a nov 14th ground school. I think if you were given a class date they email you the memory/immediate action items.

paddlehigh:

nothing wrong with getting a head start, but be careful you don't blow a gasket ....better to come in fresh and loose, than up tight and full of technical garbage you may not be asked to recall. most ground instructors tell you what to study, what's on the test, and try to prepare you for the sim.... learn your callouts and flows....that's the best thing you can get a head start on...problem is you won't get the info unless a buddy gives copies of the them and you have a paper tiger to play with....

If you want a head start and can get the info......Limitations and memory items.....anything else is just working you up for a coronary, since it is probably your first jet and you will not understand half of what you read about the systems anyhow.

Relax, there will be plenty of time to freak out later!! :)

Just wanted to say thanks to the inputs. I am not the type to get over excited, but it is nice to be able to brouse a manual when you are on the sh--ter.

Latest resources

Back