PSA and Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

I 've got some questions. How will PSA be affected when Air Wisconsin starts as a USAir Express? Will PSA move to CLT from DCA and Air Wisconsin move in primarily? Where will Air Wisconsin base their operations? What about PSA? I think I heard Mesa and their E145s would move out towards DL's MCO operation, so who would take their place? Just curious.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yea, I already see a reduction in CLT with the EMB-145's and I believe by the middle of next year they are all suppose to be gone from the US Airways System. I believe all the Mesa 145's are going to MCO and will be contracted with Delta!!! And you Delta folks will get what you pay for!
Was told by a ramp supervisor that they are re-doing all the parking spots in CLT because the only planes will be Dash's and CRJ's in the E Concourse.

mesa currently has 36 CLT based ERJ'S, 30 of those ERJ's will be heading to delta to fly as freedom out of MCO aswell as a second base from what we have been told. 6 ERJ's still don't have homes since delta as of now only wants 30. CLT is being reduced slowly with each bid with the last airplane leaving sometime next spring probably around March??. the problem mesa is having now is they want the CRJ900 based in CLT but can not due to the ERJ guys being able to displace into the 900 and remain in CLT. i believe Air Wisky's bases are currently PHL, DCA, ORF..

Air Wisconsin has already started service as US Airways Express, and our bases are PHL, DCA and ORF. I do not know how the other express carriers are changing.

Mesa 900's are already flying out of CLT.....I saw two of them just the other day parked on the C concourse.

PSA never had a DCA base. They still fly there a lot.

PSA pulled completely out of PHL as of September, replaced by AirWis.

during my AWAC interview, I was told that Mesa is being completely pushed out of the US Airways Express system and AWAC will be taking their routes. I did not hear anything about PSA though. It could be that I just missed it.

General Lee said:
I 've got some questions. How will PSA be affected when Air Wisconsin starts as a USAir Express? Will PSA move to CLT from DCA and Air Wisconsin move in primarily? Where will Air Wisconsin base their operations? What about PSA? I think I heard Mesa and their E145s would move out towards DL's MCO operation, so who would take their place? Just curious.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Probably already answered, but we (PSA) are picking up Mesa's flying out of CLT and leaving the Philly flying for Air Whiskey. Unless you live in Philly or close, this is definitely a step up. We do lots of DCA runs, I'm based in DAY and quite often we spend a day or two out of a four day doing DCA turns. Our bases are DAY, TYS, and CLT. I've heard rumors most of our flying will be out of CLT by February. I'm not sure if Mesa will be doing your flying out of MCO in blue colors until they can get the new paint job. The 900's are in CLT just for a temporary solution, but those are still PHX crews in America West colors. That will probably change when/if mainline gets the E-190's. I hope they do because the 90 seaters belong at mainline, most of us don't want to work at a regional for our whole career.

Latest resources

Back