Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ex j-41

Where are the awarded bids?

Due Jan 18/2006 at 1700....It is 21:00 and still nothing.
Do we still have a crew planning dept? Or did that job
go to India?

Hey PSA guys, I've got a question:

I just went down to the local FSDO and my man happened to mention he used to work for PSA, "the original PSA, mind you..." and I was wondering what, if any is the connection b/w the current company and the one of old?

Is this another situation like PanAm where the company went Tango-Uniform and someone moved in to buy the certificate and capitalize on the name?

Thanks in advance...

ex j-41 said:
Where are the awarded bids?

Due Jan 18/2006 at 1700....It is 21:00 and still nothing.
Do we still have a crew planning dept? Or did that job
go to India?

No the jobs have been taken by J4J protocol.

Rogue,

From what I remember, and currnent blue streakers please correct me...

Us Airways bought (and subsequently ruined) the former PSA out on the west coast, and allegheney and Piedmont on the east coast. They had to use the certificate within a certain number of years, or they would lose it. PSA (in its current form, prior to the Dorniers) was called JetStream airlines where they flew....that's right...Jetstreams.

When I was there and trying to jumpseat on the west coast, you can imagine I had a few eyebrows turned up when at 27 years old, I had a PSA badge. I was batting about 50/50 on whether the captain would call his dispatcher to confirm that psa was still around.

Peace out,

Mookie

Rogue5 said:
Hey PSA guys, I've got a question:

I just went down to the local FSDO and my man happened to mention he used to work for PSA, "the original PSA, mind you..." and I was wondering what, if any is the connection b/w the current company and the one of old?

Is this another situation like PanAm where the company went Tango-Uniform and someone moved in to buy the certificate and capitalize on the name?

Thanks in advance...

Well no, not exactly. PSA was Pacific Southwest Airlines and was bought and absorbed into USAir. For certificate reasons I believe the name PSA was given to one of it's Express wholly owned's which was Jetstream Airlines. The letters PSA are about the only thing that is left of the old school PSA.

Sigh, too bad the go go boots and hot pants didn't last. They made flying great.

and for you new guys they were on the FA's not the FO's

I'm still waiting for the damn smile to be painted on one of the planes. I'm guessing it ain't going to happen. PSA has the name to protect the copyright.

The bids are out. My roomate picked his up out of the Vfiles. Just not on the web yet. The interesting thing is that the second tier DAY FO seniority list was printed last name alphabaticly and not in seniority order. I can't figure out how the first names were done. I think they are in seniority order, but I'm not sure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back