Protect your freedom to fly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crazynut52

Protect your freedom to fly by commenting on the ADIZ today. On Wednesday one AOPA member put up this challenge to his fellow pilots: "Let's see...we've got 400,000 AOPA members, 650,000 certificated pilots...and just 5,000 responses to this permanent-ADIZ proposal so far. C'mon folks...get the word out to all your pilot friends!"

WE CANNOT GIVE UP OUR FREEDOM IN AVIATION

Ask the FAA to hold public hearings on the ADIZ rule.
The Washington, D.C., ADIZ is operationally unworkable and imposes major burdens on pilots and air traffic controllers alike, all with minimal security benefits, and it must NOT be made permanent.
Protecting the unique assets in the nation's Capital is important, but this can be achieved with the existing requirements for the 15-mile Flight Restricted Zone (FRZ). This has been augmented by other security measures put in place around Washington, D.C., including ground-based missile defense systems, more nimble air interdiction capability with U.S. Customs helicopters, and a laser warning system.
The FAA must implement safer, more efficient and rational security procedures for the airspace in the Washington, D.C., area. Lighter aircraft, flying at slower speeds, should not be subject to the current ADIZ requirements for filing a flight plan, obtaining a unique transponder code and maintaining two-way communications with Air Traffic Control.
The proposed rule is flawed because the evaluation of the economic and operational impacts on pilots and aviation businesses and an analysis of alternatives are insufficient.
No general aviation aircraft has ever been used in a terrorist attack. And the government has determined that not a single ADIZ violation was terrorist-related.

GO TO
www.aopa.org to learn more and to tell the government we will not give up or freedoms as Americans!

I sent mine in last week. This is important guys/girls, and it doesn't take more than 1/2 hour.

I'm gonna start training for my PPL in a couple months so this is something important to me. Do I have to be a pilot in order to leave a comment?

flydrummer said:
I'm gonna start training for my PPL in a couple months so this is something important to me. Do I have to be a pilot in order to leave a comment?

No, this is just as important to you as a future pilot. Please leave comments!

Latest resources

Back