Proposed Solution for CMR Problems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

surplus1

I wish I could take credit for coming up with this idea but I can't. I got it from one of my fellow pilots.
____________________________________-

Maybe we should just accept "Jets-for-Jobs" ...

We will negotiate and encourage DAL to put the E-Jets on mainline property, but Comair pilots (who would otherwise be furloughed) will staff them.

Then, at some time in the future (when Comair starts hiring again), Comair pilots may bid back to Comair. The Delta pilots get the jets, and Comair pilots get the jobs = Jets for Jobs.

ALPA has inked such an agreement several times before; let's see if we can get DW to sign it for guys like you and me.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Definitely consistent with ALPA policy and practice. Mainline carriers have already supported the concept so I'm sure they would get behind it, right?

We should propose it formally. What better way to deal with an induced bankruptcy?

surplus1 said:
I wish I could take credit for coming up with this idea but I can't. I got it from one of my fellow pilots.
____________________________________-

Sounds like a great idea to me. Definitely consistent with ALPA policy and practice. Mainline carriers have already supported the concept so I'm sure they would get behind it, right?

We should propose it formally. What better way to deal with an induced bankruptcy?

What about the mainline pilots that have been out on furlough for a couple of years? Dunno about DAL but at U the RJ's directly displaced the F-100 and 737 drivers. Most of the old routes that I flew on the 737 were taken over by RJ's. PSA for instance almost tripled in size at the expense of mainline and other W/O pilots.

You can bet if the E-jets go to mainline, mainline furloughees will be recalled to fly them, followed by W/O pilot groups.

Unfortunatly in the current screwed up situation of 12 airlines flying with the same paint job there is no way to fix one problem without creating a new one.

The only true fix is all aircraft with the same paint job should be flown by the pilots of the company that is painted on the side of the thing. The ball was dropped by ALPA in the early 70's, and it has been a steadily growing fartstorm since then.

KeroseneSnorter said:
What about the mainline pilots that have been out on furlough for a couple of years? Dunno about DAL but at U the RJ's directly displaced the F-100 and 737 drivers. Most of the old routes that I flew on the 737 were taken over by RJ's. PSA for instance almost tripled in size at the expense of mainline and other W/O pilots.

You can bet if the E-jets go to mainline, mainline furloughees will be recalled to fly them, followed by W/O pilot groups.

Unfortunatly in the current screwed up situation of 12 airlines flying with the same paint job there is no way to fix one problem without creating a new one.

The only true fix is all aircraft with the same paint job should be flown by the pilots of the company that is painted on the side of the thing. The ball was dropped by ALPA in the early 70's, and it has been a steadily growing fartstorm since then.

What does W/O stand for?

KeroseneSnorter,

Well J4J was created by the USA pilots. I just figured if it was good for them, why shouldn't it be good for us?

KeroseneSnorter said:

Your snorting something other than kerosene if you believe that.

328dude said:
Your snorting something other than kerosene if you believe that.

Shaking head....... Chances are 328 that you flew F/O for me in a 328, At that time we had 25 328's, It was eventually raised to 30 if memory serves. At that time we did 2 flights a day into CLT.

How many flights are you doing into CLT now? Where do you think those routes came from?

I give you a hint.......they were NOT new service.

I have no beef with the express guys, but do not try to blow smoke and say that all that flying for all your shiny new RJ's just "appeared" one day. It appeared alright, only after 1876 furloughs at mainline.

Not your fault, not my fault, but it did happen.

Comair is just 10 years ahead of PSA in their process. I think you will see some of their flying go BACK to DAL before it is over with.

No Beef, just watching what is happening.

328, not to split hairs, but ALL of your CLT flying was once flown by either mainline, or Dashes.

Before you were doing 15 minute CLT-AVL round trips, it was a Dash 300. Before us, a mainline F100 or 73.

Latest resources

Back