Proposed FO Airtran Payrate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kezwick

Anyone know what the proposed vs. the company future payrates for FO at Airtran are?...trying to whey decisions on whether to leave a job for one at Airtran

Better look long and hard at those payrates cause you'll be an FO there until the last 10 years of your career.

So let me get this straight... No one on this board knows. You have to know that. Some will pull some numbers out of there butt... you have to know that. You are going to make a career move based on number butt pulling? Awesome way to think it through.

Here is the right way to approach this...
Are you at a regional (yes/no) if no.... stay at your current gig. It is better.

What is your top end regional capt. pay? (Republic 119 after 20 years)

What is low end max FO pay on a 717? Aloha $89 12 year. Spirit $79 12 year.

Now gamble. Will Tranny get a contract in the next five years? Will said contract be industry trailing? or leading (Alaska $117 12 years)

Now sack up and gamble... Make sure you pick the airline that will be around in 35 years. Its just that easy. Go with strong blue chips like TWA, Pan AM, Eastern, Braniff, etc.... don't go with a fly by night start up like FedEx, Southwest, JetBlue, etc...

So let me get this straight... No one on this board knows. You have to know that. Some will pull some numbers out of there butt... you have to know that. You are going to make a career move based on number butt pulling? Awesome way to think it through.

Are you at a regional (yes/no) if no.... stay at your current gig. It is better.

What is your top end regional capt. pay? (Republic 119 after 20 years)

What is low end max FO pay on a 717? Aloha $89 12 year. Spirit $79 12 year.

Now gamble. Will Tranny get a contract in the next five years? Will said contract be industry trailing? or leading (Alaska $117 12 years)

Now sack up and gamble... Make sure you pick the airline that will be around in 35 years. Its just that easy. Go with strong blue chips like TWA, Pan AM, Eastern, Braniff, etc.... don't go with a fly by night start up like FedEx, Southwest, JetBlue, etc...

Not that he's bitter or anything...

I would probably qualify that statement. If your regional primarily flies 50 seaters or less, I would be looking elsewhere. If your regional is getting into the 70-90 seat business and you think you can hold captain there for 5 years or more, I would stay.

He's got a point there. Youngsters.....do not look up a payscale at an airline and B-Line for the top left corner pay and think to yourself, wow, I could be making that someday.

That's a divorce and three kids from now even if they are still in business then.

My guess is take a look at Jetblue A320 FO rates (without the 50% override above 78 hours) and that is probably pretty close to what we will get. Im hoping that we get a bit more but I'm afraid to get my hopes up. We proposed Alaska +5% in our initial compensation proposal so I'm pretty sure it will be less than that.

Anyone know what the proposed vs. the company future payrates for FO at Airtran are?...trying to whey decisions on whether to leave a job for one at Airtran

Why would you want to give up your Lear 25/35 job for a job at Airtran? Gee, sounds like an easy choice for me. Not to sound too dickish, but do you really think you'll get many bites with that background (if your profile is current)? Is Delta knocking on your door? I'd leap into a 717 job if I only had that flight experience. With Comair getting halved and plenty of other RJ jobs in jeopardy, AirTran will be getting a lot of attention.

thanks for the input...I haven't updated that in years...I couldn't even tell you how to turn a lear on anymore..

Latest resources

Back