• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Property Taxes comparing PBI and DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I lived in the DFW area for 9 years, up until early 2004. Property tax RATES are fairly high in DFW, but the homes aren't too expensive in most areas. Given your budget, you should find something very nice in a number of areas. As for areas, my wife and I really enjoyed Grapevine. Good restaurants, well-respected schools and easy access to DFW itself. If your wife will be working, try to get a feel for her commute. The traffic can be quite a bear in the Dallas/Fort Worth area during rush-hour.

And SAEflyer - don't you need to edit your entry for your current position? Congrats again on the job.

Last edited:
You can figure about $2.50-3.00 per hundred on the taxable valuation. a 300k house would be about $10k depending on where you live. My son has a house in Weston and pays $8k on a 300k house. Not much difference.

On the other hand, we still may live in Orlando and make the 3 hour commute to PBI. Sounds like i would know the day before about my show time so that would be feasable, but if it were up to me i'd take the 30 minute commute from Plano and the new boat! haha

Latest resources

Back