• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Promoting Flight Instruction w/ a Letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I were you, I'd be sending them out to everybody and their brother.

Why limit to Doc's and Lawyers? There are wannabe-pilots out there in every line of work.

Send to area high schools.

attend high school career days.. or go to the science/physics classes and guest speak

you will definitely work up a customer base there

Good letter, but please lose the exclamation points. They make it cheesy and desperate sounding, like spam from a get-rich-quick scheme. The other suggestions are good too. Other than that good luck!!

Last edited:
Sales letter

Along with the other suggestions and usage and grammatical observations, I would be little more forceful in your last sentence. You want action; demand it!

When you are ready to leave everyday life behind, and take the steps at earning your wings, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to making your dream and hobby come a reality!
is slightly wishy-washy.

Try:

"Start earning your wings today. Call me, Gizbug, at (123) 456-7890 today to arrange your introductory flight. I can turn your dream into reality."

One thing that many salesmen fail to learn is to ask for the order. They give a great sales pitch but don't ask how many widgets should be delivered. In other words, say to the doctor when he/she calls, "Come in this Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and we'll fly," instead of "When can you come in?"

Finally, I don't think I'd say that OK Air Service has been in business since 1998. That may be a long time for aviation standards in recessionary times, but comparatively new-sounding to outsiders. Something that's too new may not inspire confidence.

(I like Rate One Turn's comments. Add the obligatory "40,000 pilots will be needed over the next ten years, " according to Kit Darby, president of Future Aviation Professionals of America. We can take you from zero time to the airlines in nine months.)

Hope that helps. Once more, good luck with your efforts.

PS-Good suggestion from 350, below. Many doctors have bucks to burn and find flying to be intriguing, but they are also very busy people. You may find that you will have to work around them. You also might experience a lot of canceled lessons. Also, make it easy for them to pass the written. Don't spoon-feed them, but provide as many resources as possible for them so studying won't be a major burden. You might find that because they are so busy that doctors may not be as motivated to study for the written as are ordinary flight students.

Last edited:
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

I agree with most of what has been said in the above responses. First and foremost I want to say that I am a tad impressed with both the initiative and the time that you have taken to pursue the initial suggestion of doing this. I highly doubt that you will be dissapointed and I feel that in the end you will have a "few'' more students.... I know that when I was instructing full time that the medical profession always treated me very well and they were pretty much my bread and butter. I think that opening by Leo is good but I would make sure that you make that text bigger than the rest of the letter or brochure, bolder, maybee even a different font, etc, etc, ... The possibilities are endless but remember that the "catchier" the opening is will be the determining factor ( or one of them) on whether or not the "interest'' will be generated and may also decide whether or not your reader continues to read the remainder of the text.

You have just taken your first step toward earning your wings if you are reading this! Fulfilling your aviation dream is just a few steps away. With so many possibilities in aviation, it is almost difficult to not feel a need to take a step above everyday life, and witness a whole new view! Whether it be a vacation get away on a weekend, or a golf trip up north, to the the utility of being able to get to conferences on your own schedule. From our “Fall Color Tours” to our Introductory Flight Lessons, the demands for your aviation dream will be met!

I would also tailor this maybee a bit more to the medical profession and by that I mean mentioning somewhere in this opening paragraph about "how" this may benefit them and that "time is usually money" and "airline delays'' would now no longer be a problem should they pursue this and buy a plane at some point down the line. Just make it a tad more detailed and include the word "doctor" in the paragraph so they see this and that surely should catch their attention. Also mention that now they have a "good" excuse to set one day aside to get out of the office early, see last patient earlier than later, etc, etc, etc... I think you have the right idea but just appears to "general" for the type of marketing that you are planning on doing. Atleast when I sent a letter to the doctors I made it more tailored towards them and for them versus just a "basic" letter...Completely up to you though.

OK Air Service has been producing safe, quality pilots since 1998, providing flight training to many people just like you in West Michigan. We already have a solid reputation for our aircraft maintenance services. We therefore extend our commitment to quality in our flight training program.

Why not even take it one step further and mention that a "specific" program could be set up for them and tailored around their medical schedule.

When you are ready to leave everyday life behind, and take the steps at earning your wings, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to making your dream and hobby come a reality!

I would get rid of "US". If you are taking the initiative and time to pursue this then you should be the one (CFI) to get the students. I personally would change that to say "feel free to contact me to set up a personal one on one flight/conference" - something along those lines and would even attach your business card with a cell contact so they can get ahold of you.

I think you are on the right track though.

good luck

3 5 0

Well, 100 letters/flyers/business cards were mailed out Friday.
I am ready to start another list heh. Just need to find a field of people to market. We'll see what happens.

Make sure you let us know what kind of responses you get! I hope your hard work and perseverence is well-rewarded. You did a good job! :D

Try contractors, engineers and architects. The fbo that I worked at had many a/c owners and renters in these professions. A couple of them bought a/c for themselves to learn in. Just a thought.

supsup

Latest resources

Back