Promising SWA info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

Got off the phone today with Higher Power for type rating info. Had a long conversation about the future of SWA. I floated my predictions based on info I have read from this board. First, Higher Power folks seem really nice and helpful. Made a real impression with me. Here is the info.
1. Consensus is app window will open before the year is over.
2. Big hiring rumors for '04.
3. Watch the stock price. Pilots at LUV waiting for $20/share to hit early retirement. Must hire to fill those that leave.
4. Big reason for closing the app window is to update the HR dept for online app and app update. Maybe even going to internet based schedule trading like at FedEx.
5. Several new jets being received and opening new routes spell increased hiring.
6. Prediction that there wont be enough apps on file to meet all the hiring needs by '07.
Even if HALF of this is true it puts a smile on my and my wife's face. Hope this adds a ray of light to things for some of you. Good luck to all and hope we see the end of this downturn soon. GO LUV!!

Does higher power do 737 type ratings? If so being optimistic about SWA hiring would definately help them sell 737 type ratings. Just my two cents.

viperdriver

Do a search on 737 type rating

There are tons of info on the forum about where to go,

I went HPA, and it was outstanding.

All lies. Nothing is going to happen.

Actually, I believe it all! Go SWA... A Chief Pilot told me the other day that they will probably start interviewing by the end of the year. Yep, this year.

Choose your favorite lie from the following:

"I gave at the office."

"The check is in the mail."

and (spoken by the guy to my left in the cockpit who has already made more money on his profit-sharing and big "good ole boy" stock option grants than I'll make during my entire lifetime)

"If the stock would just go up to (enter any amount here as long as its at least three to five dollars above its current price), you wouldn't have to worry about us old guys any more."

SWA at Atlanta Airinc

I could be wrong (pretty good chance considering the accuracy of my jetblue post) but I THINK SWA said that nothing was planned until '05. I am on the road and do not have my notes in front of me but I do remember the SWA rep impressing the he11 out of me and then talking about huge expansion starting in the somewhat near future (after '05). She did say that they are trying to go to an online app procedure. I would be surprised if they started interviewing this year considering how many people remain in the pool. Additionally, they have a ton of apps with 73 types so I am skeptical about the app window opening any time soon.

Lets hope for more Aircraft!!

I just spoke with LL to update my address and phone number. She said that she still did not expect any more classes this year, unless additional aircraft were announced Monday. We can only hope to hear such a thing when the quarter numbers are released on the 21st.

AF

Additional Info

Ran into one of our reservist instructors/SWA pilots this week and he told me he was approached recently at SWA to begin training as an interview team member. His opinion also was that things are going to start happening early next year. Got the same opinion from another reserve instructor/SWA pilot who is also a Houston domicile representative.

I could be wrong (pretty good chance considering the accuracy of my jetblue post) but I THINK SWA said that nothing was planned until '05. I am on the road and do not have my notes in front of me but I do remember the SWA rep impressing the he11 out of me and then talking about huge expansion starting in the somewhat near future (after '05).

I think you're wrong here as well (fortunately). The current new aircraft delivery schedule for '04 will require something north of 400 pilots just to cover the increased capacity. :cool:

WoooooooooooHoooooooooooo!!!!!!

Howdy Ya'll,

This is great news. I, too, have heard from a buddy that the PD will use a FedEx style selection process for interviews. How does this work? I don't have that many hours compared to the civilian bubbas. I did graduate with honors from McKemy Jr High School. That should help. I also know to separate whites from colors when washing. Colors in warm. Whites in any temp. Hot shrinks. Cold bleeds colors.

Ya'll take care and fly safe,

CB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back