Professional Pilot on flight department profiles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt1124

I just opened my December issue of Professional Pilot (lucky me) and found an interesting letter and response. Without retyping the whole thing, a pilot was objecting to the low pay and training contracts mentioned in the Market Air profile.

Grant McLaren's response was basically "stuff it." I found this a little strange since they know their readership strongly dislikes this.

I think that they do this for the benefit of their real audience, aviation department managers. They think they are doing them a favor by supressing the pay and career expectations of their employees. As McLaren states, "...we also try to communicate the reality of the marketplace in these features."

Most if not all the articles in PP or only good for out-house special occasions. This is the most worthless piece of crap published and the sooner it just goes out of business the better off we will all be.

Spooky 1 said:
Most if not all the articles in PP or only good for out-house special occasions. This is the most worthless piece of crap published and the sooner it just goes out of business the better off we will all be.

perfect.

Let this be the standard response on "pro pilot" matters.

Spooky 1 said:

Yeah, but ya gotta admit the wx articles are usually pretty good stuff. Too bad Karsten hasn't affiliated himself with a more respectable mag.

Anyone notice in Pro Pilot Mag, basically everyone that ever sends in the letters to the squawk section is a "Chief Pilot".

B-J-J Fighter said:
Anyone notice in Pro Pilot Mag, basically everyone that ever sends in the letters to the squawk section is a "Chief Pilot".

or...

"Lead Captain" Cheyenne
"Department Manager" CE500
"Senior Captain" GII

nobody is a PILOT.

lots of Chiefs...no Injuns anymore.

signed,

line grunt.

Funny,

I always get excited when PP is in my mail box. So I sit down in my "office", and about 5 minutes later after having looked through it, I remember it's great to wipe my a$$ with it.

The Salary Survey issue, though, I do keep around for at least another day or two, but it ends up meeting the same fate as the other ones.

:D

FF

Oh I forgot Clay Lacy is my heeeeeeeeeero...

Clay, Clay, is that you?

Fokkerflyer said:
Oh I forgot Clay Lacy is my heeeeeeeeeero...
:p :erm: :eek: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back