• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Professional Courtesy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a MCO commuter myself, I have to say that the NWA staff in the airport has always been jumpseat friendly and do go out of their way to make sure everyone gets to go. After going through a few airlines myself over the years, I fully understand the stress and not to have to worry about jumpseating is so very important.
We all need to do our part to help eachother as much as we can, because if we don't look out for eachother, who will?

For what it's worth, I have noticed in MCO and other DAL locations that they are down to one gate agent to board a 767 aircraft, by themselves. It appears to
be no small feat to answer all the questions, keep the que moving by zones and try and ensure the nonrevs and jumpseaters are accounted for. They have my respect, I'd say on a daily basis, their job is far more stressful than the average pilots trip!
Merry Christmas, and by all means, Happy Festivus!

As well in ATL at the end of the D concourse, 4 gates, each with 6 flights and 1 gate agent... understaffed? maybe a lil. Last week all 4 gates had 6 flight each, ALL delayed or late... was a disgusting sea of humanity.

On another note, HUGE amount of thanks to the CHQ and XJT crews that have gotten me home so many times and the ASA crews that regularly add hundreds(sometimes over 800lbs) of pounds of ballast just to get me in the jumpseat. Means the world to me to get home. Trust that when I get the chance to return the favor, I surely will.

They have my respect, I'd say on a daily basis, their job is far more stressful than the average pilots trip!

Respect is fine, but let's not compare the stressfulness of their jobs to the high stakes nature of ours. If they dork up something at the gate, what's the worst that happens?

Funny, I had a Delta Supervisor in MCO inform me I couldn't jumpseat to ATL with them because the computer wasn't getting into CASS. The flight had seats in the back but he was determined to deny me because of an "internal memo" that said we had to clear CASS to ride in the back as well...

After about 10 minutes of explaining to the guy I wasn't requesting the actual cockpit jumpseat because there were seats in the back, the captain came up the jetway saw me in uniform, looked at my id and said "Let's go!".

Wish I could have bought him a beer for coming up the jetway and getting me on my way.

For some reason, DL MCO ops has recently switched to a different system than used system wise. Gate agents told me they even have trouble finding things on that stupid "box"... It took them a few minutes, and still couldn't help me look at enroute wx. They are always understaffed over there... As a courtesy, I always try to grab the UM or wheely down the jetway if I can.

i had a very rude agent in ATL last week... grilled me about not knowing my PPR... WTFO ? I guess its my clock no. employee no.. .. whatever.... made feel like sayin screw it, I'll go find another flight home.. i mean, really.. cripe I just wanted to go home ... why the crap..? What a Biatch... Delta has been great.. but it just take one arse to piss ya off...

Thank you Delta Crew to MSP for being nice and makin up for the pissy agent..

EVV AirTran

Latest resources

Back