probation and eval's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MVSW

Anybody have any stories on being on probation and having your eval?

Probation for me was a breeze. Of course I had to go to school and do the sim. I had an Oral Exam (shorter than the first oral, sim was shorter too), by the time you get to the probie sim ride, you should have enough comfort in the plane to do well. Don't sweat the sim.

Then comes the interview with the Chief Pilot. He will go over your probation reports (if your company does that), he will check your manuals are up to date and probably welcome you to the airline. You'll sign some paper work that will never be seen again and then you're done. That is my experience.

I just got done with my probie ride. Compared to my initial sim and oral it was more difficult. However, with that said, they really went out of their way to let you know that they're trying to help you, but want to know that you're learning as time goes by.

No line checks for Fo's. Only thing you have to worry about is PC, RFT, RGS, and medical probing every 24 months.

mamba20 said:
anyone happen to know what PSA does? I'm not sure that they do anything.

I could tell you but it wouldn't be as much fun if you knew, Come to my office the day before your year is up, Wear something Sexy and bring flowers! I also love a man in Uniform but you better be wearing your Hat!

Nothing CL!
Relax....Enjoy the ride!...
Just don't cross us!
Later,
PSACPSP

It's a non event at Comair.... No visits to the CPs office.. No check of your manuals or if you've called in sick.. You get a memo in your mail box congratulating you on hitting 2nd year and your 1 year pin.

Latest resources

Back