• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dave Benjamin

an over 40 victim of fate
Saw this on pprune.org

Thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested in some overseas work. I have no other info.

Flight Jobs in China
[FONT=&#23435]Dear Gentlemen[/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]We are a flight crew agent based in China Shenzhen. We are appointed by Shenzhen Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Air China, Yangtze River Express Airlines to seek experienced B737-Efis/NG, B767, B747-400F captains. We have some expat captains flying with Shenzhen, Hainan and Yangtze.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435](please see www.huaxun-hk.com )[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]According to my experience, I have some experience to be shared with you guys[/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]1. Most of Chinese airlines are short of pilots especially experienced captains. In China, Chinese pilots are very difficult to change their employers since all employers regard their pilots as capital assets. Many lawsuits arise from the pilots resignations. It sounds funny that Chinese pilots would not resign without employers approval. Right now there are many private newly airlines being set up. There don[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]’[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]t have pilots. They headhunt pilots from established airlines. But the established airlines are also facing the shortage of pilots. Now pilot becomes a popular career in China. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]2. Although most of Chinese airlines are short of pilots, they are not very prepared to hire expat pilots. Hainan is the first Chinese mainland airlines who had hired two Australian B737 captain on 2002. They just worked for Hainan for two years and left. I sounded the two guys were happy with Hainan Airlines. From the beginning of 2004, Shenzhen Airlines hired almost 60 expat pilots. Most of thos expats are captains. Now there are about 20 guys still flying. As many expat pilots said, there are many problems happened in Shenzhen Airlines. All of them are focused on the their managing level. Sometimes the salary is not important. Most of the complains focus on the flight safety management, roster, international training, English communication, etc. We had one US captain resigned from Shenzhen because he was not happy with their flight safety management and moved to Hainan. He is happy with Hainan. Different Chinese airlines has different managing level. By my idea, Hainan is the best Chinese airlines in China Mainland.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]3. As for the screening procedures, it was easy before 2005. But at the beginning of 2005, with more and more expat pilots coming, CAAC worked out a regulation for the expat pilots recruitment, screening, management. The Chinese airlines who want to hire expat pilots have got headache on the new regulation. As the regulation, the screening will take very long time and cost a lot of money. So for any expat pilot who wants to fly in China mainland it would be thought about carefully.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]4. If you are lucky to pass all screening procedures and got your CAAC ATPL license, you may have more options to move to any other Chinese airlines who are madly seeking pilots. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]5. Different airlines have their different policies. Jade Cargo doesn[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]’[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]t pay your interview tickets. Air China Cargo may allow you to take their flights to Beijing to take interview. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]6. If not wear color glasses, you will find that Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen are good places to live for foreigners. I realized that Beijing has some air pollutions. Shenzhen and Shanghai are better.[/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Just want to share with you about the information of flight jobs in China. If you guys want to know more, please log on [/FONT][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435]www.huaxun-hk.com[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&#23435] and contact with me. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]No telephone inquiry.[/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Thanks.[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back