Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
This month's PRO PILOT has their annual pilot pay scales posted. I noticed some discrepancies within some numbers, but it's a neat chart to look over.

Yeah, and I noticed that many of the avg pay scales went DOWN. Rough ride ahead..

It is hard to give it much credit when they have the Falcon 900 in "Heavy" and Falcon 50 in "Large" category with the Embraer Legacy stuck in the "Supermid" and has more room in every section than the 50 or 900.
You can put two 900's inside a Global??
Lear 35 in the same "Mid" category as a Hawker but the Lear 31 and Lear 25 is in the "Light" category? The 25 has the same cabin as the 35.

Are they categorized by range alone?

I don't know how they determine what catagory each aircraft goes into.

Why the two Boeing and Airbus in the "heavy" catagory with the rest? They should be in there own catagory and maybe the rest should be in a "super-large" catagory.

Why is the Sovereign in the Midsize catagory and not the large?

As for pay, I saw that they list an Citation V series high pay is only $93K in the fractional section. I know for a fact that the high end is over $100K at NJA and that's public record on AILINE PILOT PAY web site.

I guess it's a great tool for some to gauge the salary for a given catagory. I believe they only take or accept info from pilots that send in the response to their salary study.

.....I guess it's a great tool for some to gauge the salary for a given catagory....

It can be a helpful yardstick for those seeking to get a raise and/or secure a contract. It's wrong for frac companies that don't pay market value for professional aviation skills to expect pilots to subsidize their mismanaged business. Good luck to all those who use this tool to improve their situation. NJW

Latest resources

Back